CLINIQUE ALL ABOUT OILS COLLECTION

My skin already feels like all the moisture has leached away and we are only at the beginning of autumn here in London. And, if my crocodile skin is thirsting for relief, imagine what it will be like once the central heating is turned on.

My apartment in New York was so overheated, and my skin became so cracked each winter, that I got in the habit of balancing saucers of water on the radiators. I wish that these lovely allergy tested and fragrance free humectants from Clinique were available back then so I didn’t keep tipping water on the floor. And maybe my scaly legs would have been more silk than sandpaper by the time spring came around.

CLINIQUE ALL ABOUT OILS COLLECTION

There are three new products for this winter, two oils and a balm. First up is my especial favourite, the Deep Comfort Body Oil (£25). It’s a light weight treatment oil spray, containing Jojoba Seed Oil and Chia Seed Oil. I’ve found it very soothing – it’s excellent post-shave, my skin drinks it up, and feels very supple and nourished for hours afterwards. It’s also rather nice on bare legs in the evening to give a non-greasy shine, if you can tolerate the idea of leaving the house without tights in the winter.

(Clinique also promise that it can be used to condition the ends of your hair for added shine, but I haven’t tested this claim yet – I always end up looking like I’ve got up close and personal with a bag of chips when I use oil on my hair.)

Moisture Surge Melting Mask Balm (£26) is a solid oil balm that is designed to melt into skin. It contains a triple blend of apricot oil, sunflower seed oil, and macadamia oil, which is fantastic for targeting dry spots on the face. It’s also multi- tasking: it can be used as an all-over face treatment, as a 10-minute, or leave-on overnight mask. I think this is best suited as an end of day treatment: whilst it is surprisingly un-greasy, I wouldn’t use it under foundation. It’s a perfect size for travelling too (it screams anti-aeroplane dry cabin air to me) and, whilst it does look quite tiny for the price, a little does go a very long way.

Smart Treatment Oil (£36) If you prefer a facial oil to a moisturiser then this a great option. Meant for a more hi-tech approach to deeply condition dry, damaged skin, it uses antioxidants to help shield against harmful free radical damage. Don’t be scared of the oil – it’s non-greasy and lightweight, and can easily be massaged into the skin.

Style Notes:
Grey cashmere bedsocks by The White Company. Available here

Hi Sasha, thank you so much for these! Would you be able to recommend a daily moisturiser too? Thank you!

Just wanted to say I love your blog but feel that as you are an animal lover,
Clinique still test all their products on animals.

Hi Penelope, thank you for reading, and for commenting! I don’t censor comments, so always try to publish. I know there are lots of changes regarding animal testing at the moment. The EU doesn’t it allow it, for example, but if you wish to import into China, then it is mandatory. Estee Lauder Companies, I believe, were animal-testing free until they started to import to China. I don’t believe it is accurate to say that ALL Clinique products are tested on animals but, of course, this is moot – either you do or you don’t. I am reaching out to Clinique in the UK to find out what their stance is beyond the company website, which mandates that they only test where it is a legal requirement (presuming this means China.) LLGxx

@Sasha Wilkins: I didn’t know this about China. It would be interesting to hear why they insist on it when the rest of the world use products that are not animal tested and don’t suffer any adverse reactions. You would think this proof enough.

@Anna King: oh and more on topic…love oils, skin disintegrates come winter, will try!

I’ve read so much about skin oils but I’ve never dared to take the plunge, apart from Nuxe Dry Oil to add some shimmer to a summer tan. The Clinique ones seem less daunting (I’m terrified of having a shiny face!), I might try a dab the next time I’m at a Selfridges counter. Thanks for the heads (face) up! x

Jasiminne | Posh, Broke, & Bored

do try them! Apart from the other benefits, massage is so good for the skin, so it’s a great habit to work into your beauty regime. LLGxx

Oil on hair is great! I use 1-2 drops, rubbed into my hands and then stroked thru to the ends…I have short hair, but if you used it only on the ends it would be brilliant!!!

I’d be interested in trying it, as the only oil I’ve ever used is the 100% Argan oil by Josie Maran – which is hard to find now that I’m in the UK and not the US anymore! A small small bit of it works brilliantly on the ends of my hair to keep the frizz and static at bay – especially this time of year.

Thanks for the review, this collection sounds like something I’d like as I have very dry skin. x

Love this! I love oil, I use a hair oil everytime after wash, never used oil for my body however. Will have to give this a hair as I normally use the Loreal oil. Thanks for sharing.

Top Style Advice | Fashion and Beauty Blog

Good day ! I can’t find you contact details?? Would you mind to email to me!! we’d love to place a banner on your site !!!

Big thank you

Alexan

Hi Sasha,

Do you have any idea when these products will be sold in USA?

Thanks for your time!