1) I was very interested in Uterque, the slightly more upmarket/chic version of Zara from Spain’s retail behemoth The Inditex Group, who only sell online in the UK at the moment. I bought a lovely black leather bag from them (£99) but was horrified when I unpacked my new cream lace pencil skirt in a size large to discover that I could probably get one thigh in it. If that skirt is a large, then I am size clinically obese.
2) To new-ish Japanese restaurant Yashin Ocean House somewhere in the wilds of SW-god knows where* for a lovely lunch hosted by Farrow & Ball. I was entranced by my origami crane, folded from one of the ravishing new F&B wallpapers.
3) Really excellent pub loo graffiti at The Earl of Camden on Parkway, NW1.
4) A gigantic new TK Maxx has opened at Stratford Westfield. I was invited over for a night-before-opening preview and, as is my wont, beetled straight on upstairs to the excellent homewares department, where I managed to spend my £50 voucher in about ten minutes on bargains including a marble cheeseboard for £7.99, a glass dome for cheese or CAKE for £3.99, a cast iron griddle pan for £9.99 and every kitchen implement I never knew I needed.
I found so much for the grand total of £57 that I filled FIVE carrier bags and had to enlist a nice lady to carry my booty to the car.
5) I think I may be about to become obsessed by Pictionary again. Hannah has bought me a set, after we played on our last road trip, and I made everyone play it last weekend over cocktails at the Electric. I’d also like to mention in dispatches Hannah’s excellent wrapping skillz.
*The Old Brompton Road, I believe