Competition: La Maison Maille Boutique Supermarket Sweep!

by Sasha Wilkins on December 23, 2013 · 62 comments

P1090958

You may remember the opening of the shiny new La Maison Maille Boutique on Piccadilly, back in November. It’s been a huge success, and I’ve been receiving plenty of Tweets from readers heading down there to buy Christmas presents.

maille-boutique-london-piccadilly

To celebrate (the new boutique, Christmas, and the good taste of my readers), I have teamed with Maille to offer a hamper of Maille products from La Maison Maille Boutique, to the value of £250. If the winner can visit the Boutique in person, they are permitted to choose any combination of products to the value of £250 (that’s a lot of delicious mustard, vinegar, vinaigrette, and cornichons!). Otherwise, Maille will provide a selection of products up to the value of £250 to be sent to the winner.

To enter, simply tell us your favourite way to use Maille mustard in the comments section. (The full terms and conditions are here.)

maille-boutique-london-piccadilly

{ 62 comments… read them below or add one }

Nadia Majeed December 23, 2013 at 01:58

I would smother a freshly baked, still warm baguette with butter and Maille French mustard, rare sliced rump steak, rocket and sliced Maille cornichons. I’m salivating thinking about it!

Fiona Roberts December 23, 2013 at 02:00

Spread liberally – enough to make your nose tingle – between the bread and the cheddar for the best cheese on toast. Yum.

Sophie Heyes December 23, 2013 at 05:58

I would use it on the side of a good piece of steak cooked medium rare, as a gorgeous dipping opportunity (and of course there would always be some high quality fries included….)

Pam Hughes December 23, 2013 at 06:34

Put a teaspoon of Maille wholgrain mustard in butter, mix through and top on top of steamed vegetables.

Another way is a teaspoon of Maille French mustard added to white sauce with a sprinkling of Tarragon and pour over chicken

Jessica James December 23, 2013 at 07:32

Since it’s nearly Christmas I would have a go at making mostarda di frutta. Something bright hot and sweet to go with all the leftovers . Who doesn’t love pickles?

Fiona Macadie December 23, 2013 at 08:27

I would spread mustard onto a freshly cooked baguette and add thick sliced, butchers honey roast ham, simple but delicious!

Rose December 23, 2013 at 09:15

I’ve visited on your recommendation and it’s wonderful there! I got the stocking filler size mustards in lots of flavours for people and then treated myself to the truffle mustard- which is to die for! The staff are very helpful. and my favourite way to use it is to smother it on chicken and then roast in the oven.

Jill woods December 23, 2013 at 09:21

Mail le Dijon mustard mixed with red currant jelly as a glaze for your Christmas ham. Delicious!

Jamie Holloway December 23, 2013 at 09:51

I would mix the whole grain mustard with creme fraicge and poor over cooked chicken breasts in the pan to create a delicious sauce. Serve with mashed potato with cabbage and some more whole grain mustard mixed in. Yum!!! This is one of the first things my mum taught me to cook before I went off to uni .

Ewa Salik December 23, 2013 at 10:06

Maille the favourite saucy French! Always at hand to pair with roast beef, chicken or when making salad sauces. Would love to visit their new boutique!! Dear Maille Santa – I’ve been really good this year :) thank you!