Boodle-Boxing-Ball-2013

Well Saturday night was fun. Instead of writing in bed, with half an eye on the telly, or disappearing into the countryside, I was whisked off to the ballroom of the Grosvenor House Hotel for the Boodles Boxing Ball. Yup, a ball with a boxing ring.

Boodles-boxing-ball

I felt the occasion deserved my swooshiest of full length ball gowns, and my tomato red  and bronze Marc Jacobs heels, which are the only ones with the right combination of height, stability and comfort to get me through a night of partying. And what Chloe calls my Pat Butcher earrings. (Lil’sis says that this photo of me is basically unrecognisable by the way – I say thank you Instagram for your flattering filters.)

Eylure-fake-eyelashes

I was a guest of friends at Veuve Clicquot, and we had ringside seats for all the action.

Boodle-Boxing-Ball-2013

I think it’s fair to say that we had a lot of glamour at our table. Benjamin definitely was in contention for most elegant tuxedo, lovely Louise was over from Paris, in covetable Elie Saab, and Alice wore a chic cream PVC skirt that was handy for being in the proximity of over-excited people who were a little…unsteady whilst holding drinks.

Boodle-Boxing-Ball-2013

It is quite odd seeing a room full of people standing on chairs, screaming on the contenderrs in a boxing match.

Boodle-Boxing-Ball-2013

The evening was raising money for Starlight, and the evening auction alone took over £200 000.

Boodle-Boxing-Ball-2013

An extraordinary night.

Boodles-boxing-ball

This looks like such a fun night!

I never get to go to balls 🙁

Love your shoes as well.

Hmm maybe…

I’m surprised you’re allowed take pics in there what with the presence of “young royalty.” Love your shoes. You have lovely feet!

@annemarie: Ha, I guess cameraphones have taken away any chance of controlling how people take images. But the vibe in there is very much ‘let alone’. Anyone stealing pics of the young royals would be ostracised. And there is clearly an agreement with the press that they won’t take photos when they are out a private function, as there were photographers inside the ballroom. We had one of the best tables in the room, ringside – thanks Veuve, and I still only caught sight of one of them all evening. Which is when I was squeezing between tables to the loo and actually pushed past Prince Harry in my singlemindedness. I hadn’t recognised him, and he was just standing around talking to some girl set back from the main action…LLGxx

Those are not Pat Butcher earrings lol!!
The stones in them are beautiful, where did you get them?
I need to get my ears re-pierced after a childhood horror story of a dodgy auntie, an unsterilised sewing needle and her not getting parental permission, still not plucked up the courage yet, even though I’ve bought myself a few sweet pairs to coax myself, but I really like the ones you are sporting there. They’re really pretty : )

@Yasmin Selena Butt: Hi Yasmin, they are ASOS, but sadly now sold out. I’ve looked for something similar and there isn;t much. These are pretty tho http://bit.ly/16RNAeq

LLGxx

@LLG:

Thank you for letting me know, Sasha – and for suggesting an alternative xx

Wow, that party looks amazing! Very original and funny! Hope you enjoyed it very much.

I love your earrings by the way!!

Best regards from London

Have a look to our super cool fashion brand!! http://www.etrala.com/

xx