Sasha-Wilkins-for-Red-magazine

Back in July I showed you the behind the scenes pics from the shoot I did to accompany a piece I did for October Red magazine. I’m now very happy that the issue has hit the newsstand: I loved writing the piece, about how I learnt to love wearing denim, and I can now show you the final photos.

I am not in my element in front of the camera: I’ve been a fashion editor for too long. My comfort zone is telling other people what to do on camera, and pulling together looks (here’s a shoot I did as a freelance stylist), so I find it really hard relaxing.

Sasha-Wilkins-for-Red-magazine

So THANK GOODNESS for Red’s dream team. ¬†Along with photographer Liam Duke and Red’s Style Editor Alexandra Stedman as Sittings Editor, we had make up artist extraordinaire Athena Skouvakis (she gave me the best make up of my career for my mini Diesel campaign)¬†and the brilliant hair stylist Heath Massi.

Sasha-Wilkins-for-Red-magazine

I can honestly say I don’t think I have ever looked as good as I do in these pictures. Which makes my agent very happy: he’s more used to me HATING every photo of me ever published.

In the final look I am wearing my own GAP 1969 Sexy Boyfriend jeans, with my Whistles Virginia navy crepe and lace top (last season sadly but the Alexandra here) is very similar and SO going on my shopping list), and some kickass Valentino red leopard Rockstuds (sadly not mine)

Here’s me on the screen. I’m wearing my favourite Tommy Hilfiger navy tuxedo jacket with black satin lapels (similar here) in all the shots here.

Sasha-Wilkins-for-Red-magazine

You look super. I would have said this anyway, so I’m pleased you liked the photos.

I think you have been looking especially well these last few weeks.

I’ve been hankering after some boyfriend jeans for a while but being pear-shaped I’m concerned I’ll look a bit ‘large’. I’ve been wearing dresses and skirts for the past few years as I find trousers and jeans to be rather unflattering on me. But this outfit on you looks incredible, you look so stylish and yet comfortable. So maybe I’ll give jeans another go, simply because I want to look as rad as you!

Blimey, that was a bit ramble-y. Sorry about that.

I saw this in Red and loved the article. I love the jeans you are wearing too, will seek them out… and as for the shoes *swoon*
Sarah
@scotdownsouth

I get my copy quite early because of the subscription and thought you looked brilliant- Alexandra is a great stylist but it must have helped you also being one!

Where do you get your hair done, cut wise? I need a shake up! I know it’ll cost as much as a mini break, but really hair is important

You look gorgeous.

Absolutely gorgeous. xoxo

Just read this in Red, you look absolutely gorgeous in the pics. Lovely piece too, esp. the nostalgic bits!

Sasha, I love your hair. I wish I could get Heath to come and make mine look that good!

Lucy x

Great shots – You look amazing! <3

We have a WHSmith at Paris (rue de Rivoli) : I will go threre next week for job: I can’t wait to get this issue !