Fashion: Ascot dress & shoes

by Sasha Wilkins on June 17, 2013 · 17 comments

Suzannah Ascot dress

I’m wearing this wonderful navy blue Suzannah frock to Royal Ascot on Thursday, Ladies Day. I’m pretty sure I want a bright orange or pink pointy toe stiletto heel to lift the look, especially as I’ll be in front of the TV cameras. In an ideal world, I would be thinking orange Manolos, but my bank balance is not. I’ve been noodling around on-line and these are some of the options I have found.

Any opinions? Which ones do you think I should get?

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Rebecca June 18, 2013 at 01:12

Any of those would look great with the dress, no question. And for something else, I would particularly love the floral ones. But for this specific event, I think the orange pair would be spectacular.

Idrish June 3, 2014 at 13:35

@Rebecca: I would agree with Jessica- Orange Pair are a great Contrast http://www.ascotfashion.co.uk – ascot fashion, ascot hats

Jessica June 18, 2013 at 01:23

The orange pair are absolutely beautiful and would compliment the dress perfectly. I am also a massive fan of the red stilettos with the gold heel, I love a good statement shoe to spice up a frock as they instantly attract attention and the subtle hint of gold could be mimicked with a jewellery such as a delicate bracelet. Keeping it simple yet elegant and powerful.

Phyllida June 18, 2013 at 04:02

The Topshop ones in straight-up orange are the closest to the Manolos, and would pop against the very lovely dress. But I also rather like the same style in the coral, makes for a very classic bright shoe. Also love the Kurt Geiger for that skinny gold stiletto heel!

Claudia June 18, 2013 at 04:36

The floral Topshop pair are cute, and I love the Kurt Geiger heel. But the bright orange pair from Topshop get my vote. The vibrant colour will look great with the navy.
Have fun!

Colin Gilchrist June 18, 2013 at 08:52

Hello darling,
If I were you, I’d probably go for the topshop florals although finding a matching purse might pose an issue… Orange 2nd choice, I seem to recall you owning a Marc Jacobs orange purse…?
I take it you’ll not be going anywhere near the horses? All of those heels will sink – surely wedges are the order of the day?
C xx

Rachel June 18, 2013 at 09:18

Hi Sasha,
Fab dress! Shoes depend on what hat you’re wearing – I hope it’s nice and bright too. Look forward to seeing pics, and have fun.
Rachel x

Nancy Rome June 18, 2013 at 13:42

Sasha – You’ll be more comfortable on the grass (if you’ll be walking on the grass – you know better than I) in a lower heel but if you don’t need to be worry about what you’re walking on then the Ferragamos will be more comfortable – I think…. and a bit more in keeping with the dress…..

Love LLG!

XOXNancy (TEDWomen lunch companion – are you going in December to SF?)

Andrea June 18, 2013 at 15:11

I assume that you are in a box and not thinking of venturing out to the paddock? I know there are concrete paths but they are dreadfully uneven and you don’t want to break your neck. If you are going to step outside go for block heels or wedges rather than spike heels. J Crew have some gorgeous block heels which would look amazing.

Andrea June 18, 2013 at 15:14
Sally Ann Schofield June 18, 2013 at 15:18

Love the KG heel & would be good for other events. However the TS pair in orange give a nod to the High street & balance that amazing dress. As a style guru Its your call but you will look fabulous with that orange lippy again