shoe closets

Along with vacuum packing all my woolly sweaters, coats, hats and scarves last week, I had a very enjoyable time switching over my shoes. Because there’s not much storage space in my London apartment, I keep out of season shoes in a huge box, hidden away in a cupboard. It’s like shoe Christmas doing the switchover, re-discovering the pairs I packed away some six months previously.

shoe closets

I also add in my new season buys to the mix and it always makes me laugh to see the difference between the two sets of shoes. In winter my footwear is almost all black, relieved only by the odd pop of scarlet or pink (photo above*). In summer I retire nearly all the black pairs, bar a few pairs of pointy toe stilettos.

So here are all those summer shoes in more detail, with stockists links if they are current season:

Shoe closets

From left to right. Top row: Christian Louboutin scarlet pin heels (past season). CHANEL beige silk heels (past season). KG Kurt Geiger Monty  Espadrille £85. Christian Louboutin python platforms (past season)
From left to right. Bottom row: Carvela Kast silver flatform £75. Valentino scarlet Rockstuds (gifted). Whistles block heel metallic sandalAntipodium for ASOS Khaki Heels (gifted)

Shoe closets

From left to right.
Top row
: Zara red & pink heels (past season). YSL gold strappy sandals (past season). Aldo for JW Anderson white stilettos (past season). Whistles neon yellow French 75 stilettos

Bottom row
: Kurt Geiger London Silver Ella heels £195Marc by Marc Jacobs scarlet platforms (past season). Kurt Geiger London scarlet suede Elliot stilettos £220Nicholas Kirkwood metallic snake heels (past season)

Shoe closets

From left to right: KG Kurt Geiger Nina in white leather £85. Raoul navy leather strappy heels (past season)

[*Winter shoes:
Row 1: Christian Louboutin, Rupert Sanderson, Gina (from 1998), Jaime Mascaro, Penelope Chilvers (gifted), Bionda Castana
Row 2: Rupert Sanderson, Christian Louboutin, Charlotte Olympia (gifted), Nicholas Kirkwood, BCBG, LK Bennett
Row 3: Gianfranco Ferre, Pied a Terre, Nicholas Kirkwood, Vintage, Selve, Lara Bohinc]

All Kurt Geiger London, KG Kurt Geiger & Carvela shoes can be reserved online and picked up in store in guarantee availibility using the new Reserve & Collect service.

This post has been sponsored by Kurt Geiger, as one of a series of blog, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook posts that will include footwear from the new summer 2013 shoe collection from Kurt Geiger, KG and Carvela.

I LOVE your shoe collection, especially the summer styles. I used to wear heels all the time but since having children they have been consigned to weekends/special nights out. Sadly it’s not possible to chase three kids on scooters in four inch stilettos!

I’m looking forward to getting all of my summer clothes and shoes out again. I think that’ll have to a be a task on my list of things to do this weekend! It’s always a lovely surprise to find the items that you’d completely forgotten about.

Lucy x

Your shoes are fab, but how do you keep them so clean?!! And as a Londoner, how do you wear heels everywhere without ruining the heels by sticking them down cracks in the pavement? (I recall that you drive so no need to wonder how you manage in the Tube..!)

loved this post- and i wish I had room to display my shoes to greater effect- I think I’d wear more pairs more often as well- rather than always popping on the pair I wore the day before!

I love how you have displayed/stored your shoes – I’m moving house soon and have pinned this for inspiration.
Interesting question from Emily about cracks in pavements/heels – I have but almost ruined a pair of loubies to a nasty pavement yesterday…
x

I’m drooling over your shoes and hurrah-ing the lack of hideous platform stripper heel types but like Emily, I am wondering how you keep ’em so damn clean in London? Perhaps they’re not on very high rotation because they’re all a bit special? Tho’ I do recall a lot of LFW mentions of the the white pointy JW Andersons.

I bet it’s the classic Londoner trick… ballet flats to get there, on arrival change into lovely heels, then stash the flatties in a Pliage and check them into the cloakroom.
I keep my work heels in boxes in my desk drawers, so they actually never leave the building!

I really want those yellow courts!

All of your shoes are in such great condition! I only have a few pairs of heels, so I wear each pair more often and they end up getting more run-down unfortunately. Great collection!

AWESOME collection!!!