Noble Macmillan Monogrammed Leather Address Book

If you ask my mother what she would like as a present, she can be guaranteed to say books, flowers, candles, bath oil, scent. Darling you *know* what I like…In truth, I suspect her ideal gift would be a Jack Russell puppy, garlanded with old fashioned roses, and sitting on a pile of new cook books.

I’m a bit short in the puppy department at the moment, so for Mothering Sunday I bought her a new address book instead. She’s been dropping incredibly unsubtle hints lately that she needed a replacement for her Rolodex, which has been shedding cards like a poker player on a bad run.

As she writes with a fountain pen, and keeps her master address book in the kitchen, I wanted something that would keep the entries dry: most of the Rolodex cards were illegible from water stains.

Noble Macmillan Monogrammed address book

So I ordered this large green bonded leather address book from Noble Macmillan, and had her initials blocked on the front.

Noble Macmillan have been making all sorts of very lovely diaries, albums, visitor’s books and leather accessories for more than 25 years and are still based in their original home –  a cobbled Kensington mews. Their products are made either in their workshop in Wiltshire, a bookbinders in London or in the Andalusian town of Ubrique – a place famed for the quality of its leather goods.

Noble Macmillan Monogrammed address book

It’s pleasingly old fashioned – the telephone column suggests a fax number too, and I was equally pleased at the cost – £45, as similar leather address books are usually at least twice the price. – I can tell you how much it cost me, as I stupidly ticked the same box for address and invoicing, so my mother got sent the receipt. Oops.

Noble Macmillan Monogrammed address book

Noble Macmillan Large Address Book £45. Monogram from £3 per character. They can personalise all of their products and usually within 48hrs.

Great idea 🙂

So beautiful, maybe this could replace my addiction to my iPad and iPhone for contacts. Great gift!

@Angela: I find as my life becomes ever more technical/digital, I appreciate even more traditional things like address books…LLGxx

I would have thought it would have cost more than that – I stay away from turning over leather books as I am always pretty horrified by their cost, but I shall certainly be checking out this company.

@Pru: I was really amazed by the price too. Granted, it’s still an investment, but compared to what else is on the market, it’s a steal! LLGxx

Seemingly lovely and a great alternative to the likes of Smythson too!

And they also have a great collection of leather accessories, including smart phone and iPad cases!

I have been looking everywhere for a leather address book that I could personalize. Thanks for the great post. I will definitely be ordering one.

Thanks for this. Have looked at their website and they have the BEST summer accessory at an affordable price in cool colours- http://www.noblemacmillan.com/865-essential-pouches.html
Get me one of those with my name embossed on it!

Just received my new personalised address book and I LOVE it!
It came beautifully boxed as well.
Thanks LLG for the fab suggestion xx

Just ordered one of these for our new home.
Nothing beats the ‘old school’ style. Love the fact these guys produce this type of product. Have ordered it with our House name on.