Golden Lane Bags

I am very jaded where the subject of handbags is concerned. Every season there is something new, something shiny, something vereeee expensive that magazines tell us is the dernier cri. I’ve almost given up on investing in handbags, and just carry around a pouch or something tiny with the bare essentials in it: I recommend it. Very freeing not carrying around a survival kit daily.

Golden Lane Bags

That being said, sometimes I do need to cart along a pair of folding ballet flats, my iPad mini, and a make up bag, and I think these bags, with their double compartment construction from new handbag label Golden Lane are as practical as they are beautiful. Designed by Chris Liu and Tibor Matyas, the clever duo behind mens accessories label Chris & Tibor, this is their first venture into the female bag world.

Best of all they don’t look like anyone else’s offer right now, and they aren’t too shockingly expensive, compared to most designer arm candy, floating around the £400-500 mark.

In fact, l like them so much that when The Observer asked me for my potential style highlights of 2013, guess what I recommended?

Sasha Wilkins for The Observer

Golden Lane Bags

Golden Lane Bags

Golden Lane Bags

Golden Lane Bags

Golden Lane Bags

Golden Lane Bags

I like. Particularly taken with the pink.

Have to put it on my wish list!
x

I’m guessing girls that love horses will really love these… lovely but a vague reference to saddle bags, don’t you think?

Like the look of the bags, not keen on the gold name lettering.

OMG, these are gorgeous. Of course, I’m a “handbag” girl so I pretty much love them all, but this looks like a great, casual everyday bag. Especially the white one, helll-looo. Any clue if they sell overseas? 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

x Renee

Hi Renee,
Glad you like our bags! There are lots more colours available and yes we do stock internationally! If you go to our website, you will see links to our stockists:

love
the GOLDEN LANE team x

I really like the look of these! The cobalt blue is super for Spring – will definitely check them out. Thanks LLG x

@Little Miss Notting Hill: Pleasure! I have my eye on the blue too. (And the white. And the red. etc etc etc.) LLGxx