LLG Travels: Posetta Baddog Visits The Scarlet Hotel, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall.

by Sasha Wilkins on January 1, 2013 · 7 comments

26 Mar 2012 17:39
( Mawgan Porth Beach, seen from the terrace of The Scarlet.)

I’m sure I don’t have to explain just how far my nose was put out of joint when Mummy LLG & Mummy Lil’sis buggered off to The Scarlet Hotel in  Cornwall in the summer of 2010 without me.  I couldn’t believe it: beaches for me to play on, rabbits for me to chase, choice potential doggy bags from the acclaimed restaurant, and they left me at their Mummy’s house. Bloody cheek.  They told me that it was because their hotel, The Scarlet, didn’t take dogs. I could hardly believe my ears: I mean who doesn’t want an adorable dog like myself to stay?

I can’t really complain too much tho: I have done well though of late. There was a memorable trip to The Four Seasons in Hampshire, and I did love the Malmaison in Oxford, but I really, really wanted to visit The Scarlet, because I do love a good 6am run along the beach.

And then, this spring, finally a result for Dog Justice™: The Scarlet was now accepting well-behaved, not too large dogs. So my mummies packed a suitcase, for them and for me, and off we went.

26 Mar 2012 17:39

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the beach on offer beneath the hotel. I find jumping on Mummy LLG’s head pretty effective at facilitating an early morning run, and by 630am we were trotting along the sands of Mawgan Porth beach. Then, whilst they ate breakfast, I collapsed in my old bed in the sun in the bedroom. (I was pretty exhausted from climbing all the steps back to the hotel from the beach.)

26 Mar 2012 17:39

The Scarlet know what a dog needs. Full marks from me for the special gourmet biscuits, fleecy blanket, dog towel and chic feeding station. I felt very looked after.

26 Mar 2012 17:39 26 Mar 2012 17:39

I was quite tempted by the prospect of a swim in The Scarlet’s reed bed pool, and was most miffed when Mummy LLG dragged me away by my collar. She never considers my dignity. (Although if truth be told I had enough exercise on those beach steps.)

26 Mar 2012 17:39 26 Mar 2012 17:39

But really I didn’t want to leave: I thought if I staged a protest strike from inside Mummy LLG’s suitcase, they might stay another night or two. Imagine my horror when she tipped me out on the floor. PAH.

26 Mar 2012 17:39

Previous posts about The Scarlet Hotel can be found here

www.scarlethotel.co.uk

Liberty-Blog-Photo

Click on the banner to see some wonderful dogs looking for a new home.

Posetta Baddog was a guest of The Scarlet for one night