Sasha Wilkins in Hunter Parka

My sister took this photo of me  sitting on a bench on the beach on my birthday trip to Whitstable at the beginning of last week. I’m accoutred in Hunter from head (furry parka) to toe (wellies) because the photo was taken to accompany the first post in a series I am writing over on Hunter’s website, from the current post on the genesis of my love for Hunter, to an upcoming product edit.

So do head over to the Hunter site to read their blog…

I’m wearing  the new Hunter 3/4 quilted down Parka in Navy, and my own Original Tall wellies in purple, all accessorised with Hunter’s Moss Cable Hat, Scarf, Moss Cable Gloves and Moss Cable Cuff Welly Socks. (Com-pletely OBSESSED with the pretty cuffed welly socks.)

(And, underneath it all, I am wearing Wolford  Mat Opaque 80s as leggings & Boden’s Navy Tweedy knit tunic.)

For the benefit of new readers: I was the face of Hunter’s advertising campaign for AW11 & SS12.

Even in a big puffy parka you look so chic! Jealous!

@Elisse: Thank you! I always think it helps to wear something slim on your bottom half when you have a big puffy top! LLGxx

You look wonderful as always. Such a stylish winter outfit. I’d buy one of those parkas for my wife, but she has too many coats to choose from already. I can’t wait for winter to come again next year.

@Andy N.: A woman can never have too many shoes, handbags, lipsticks…and coats. Now get thee to the shops, Santa!

@Den: Hahaha… Den, trust me, I agree with you, but it is HER who has banned ME from buying any more. She wants stuff for the house and the kids now…

@Andy N.: You two crack me up! LLGxx

The parka looks so much nicer on you than on their website model photo’s! I’m constantly on the look out for a good warm practical parka, both for dog walking and for when I’m manning my EdwynUK stall and I always seem to prefer the menswear options, but I might just go find one of these to try on – it may after all be the one……

@Louise – EdwynUK: Ahem *takes a bow*. I do LOVE a parka, and I am very enamoured of thie one, I must say. LLGxx

PS We need to discuss Edwyn being a Dog of the Day on LLG, no?

Ahh you look so cute in the parka ; )
Jx

@janie: Thank you! My sis takes an excellent photo. LLGxx

Such a lovely photo! Would you recommend the parka? I agree with the other commenter it looks so much better on you than in the stock photo! I am going to Germany for three weeks over Christmas and have been on the look out for a coat like that.. the thing is though I am a student and wouldn’t normally spend that much on a winter jacket. Would you recommend it as an investment piece? Thank you! x

@Zoe: I do love it; of course it depends on what you want to invest in. I can’t comment truthfully on its longevity, as I have only worn it a couple of times, but I thought the quality felt excellent, and I was certainly snug as a bug in it.

I’m also going to suggest Uniqlo as a High Street alternative, if you wanted to invest at a lower price point.

LLGxx

Only you could look so glam in a parka. I’m very envious x