Dog of the Day: Holly the Miniature Dachshund in association with Dogs Trust

by Sasha Wilkins on November 27, 2012 · 10 comments

Holly the Miniature Dachshund

Holly is a 14 year old miniature dachshund. She graciously shares her home with Antonia Kraskowski, acting deputy fashion editor at the Daily Express and her boyfriend Ben.

Holly the Miniature Dachshund

Over the years, Holly has accumulated a wardrobe to rival that of any serious fashionista – comprising jumpers, jackets, scarves, fancy dress outfits and even socks, although she’s holding out for a doggie Barbour to wear to Gunnersbury Park, where she can often be found running free on the weekends.

Holly the Miniature Dachshund

She is happiest when snuggled into a dressing gown or some clean sheets, preferably whilst also forcing any other occupants of the bed out.

Holly the Miniature Dachshund

While she’s generally a shy and timid creature, she makes her happiness known with her unique (and loud) dog-purr, especially when snacks are involved.

Holly the Miniature Dachshund

Liberty-Blog-Photo
Click on the banner to see some wonderful dogs looking for a new home.

More LLG superstar Dogs of the Day here. (Including Tatler Alan, Doogie Howser MD & Dougal the French Bulldog.)

All photos taken at Trace Publicity’s recent Dog Day Afternoon.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Sarah November 28, 2012 at 04:26

Very cute… am I wrong in thinking it is not healthy for dogs to wear clothes though, I thought they had their own natural heating and cooling system and wearing jackets and clothes disrupts this?

LLG November 28, 2012 at 04:30

Holly’s 14! In Dachshund years that’s like being 100 – she feels the cold!

Generally I don’t approve of dogs in clothes and costumes one little bit. That’s why you’ve never seen a Dog of the Day dressed up. But I see nothing wrong with a jacket for outdoors, or, as in Holly’s case, a sweater to stop the shivering if a dog is old or delicate – like a greyhound.

These days many dogs live indoors all day with central heating, which has ballsed up their natural heating systems. Plus many dachshunds have little or no fur on their tummies. They can get very very cold outdoors as they are so low to the ground. P Bad has a couple of sensible Barbour jackets and a few sweaters to keep her warm. LLGxx

annemarie November 28, 2012 at 10:08

ah jesus, that’s the face of goodness that is.

Ida S November 28, 2012 at 16:48

I love the way you write about dogs. Did you ever consider writing a children’s book on dogs? ( I would buy it!)

Haidee November 28, 2012 at 16:55

THAT IS AMAZING , that is so kind of you to help the dogs trust.

Dogs Trust is so amazing I got my Yorkshire Terrier from there and they do such AMAZING WORK

Susanna November 29, 2012 at 04:12

I love the scarf! Of course the dog is lovelier :) I think it’s ok that dogs wear clothes when outside. Dachshunds (espacially a miniature one!) are so close to the ground that they easily get cold.

lulu November 29, 2012 at 07:58

Love love love

Nicola November 29, 2012 at 11:09

Weirdly, I was reading this just as my dog was having puppies yesterday! She’s a lurcher and had five, in the end. The last one was a real surprise, 4.5 hours after the one before! She was having the others precisely an hour after each other, so we weren’t expecting him at all. They’re all gorgeous though!

Lux February 13, 2013 at 13:47

My dachshund NEEDS to have a sweater like this one. Do you shop for her clothing online, and did you buy that particular sweater online. If so, which ones do you recommend?