The Daily Beauty: Fragonard Fleur d’Oranger Eau de Toilette

by Sasha Wilkins on October 31, 2012 · 9 comments

Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger

I have been wandering about in a haze of this scent for the past week, and every day someone leans in for a sniff to ask me what I am wearing. And I gleefully tell them that not only is is a delicious orange flower scent, but that it costs an unbelievable £22 in the UK. From M&S no less.

Of course, it’s not an M&S fragrance, but it is available from their exciting new beauty hall. It’s actually made by French parfumers Fragonard, a house set up  shortly before the First World War, when Eugène Fuchs, an entrepreneur, decided to set up his own perfumery based on the novel concept of selling perfumery products directly to the tourists who were beginning to discover the charm of the French Riviera. Parfumerie Fragonard was opened in 1926, and Eugène Fuchs  named it after the famous Grasse-born painter, Jean-Honoré Fragonard (1732-1806).

The scent itself has an orange blossom top note, fading through a little sharp neroli to bergamot,  musk and honey. It really does allow the wearer to move in a cloud of delightful orange flower. It is an utterly charming scent, not strong, but that’s part of its charm.

It’s part of a series of Fragonard fragrances: the house celebrates one flower each year, and  Fleur d’Oranger was 2011′s.

Fragonard Fleur d’Oranger Eau de Toilette 100ml £20.25
(Special offer: buy any Fragonard Eau de Toilette 100ml& get a free Fragonard gift)

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Fran October 31, 2012 at 04:15

The new M&S beauty sounds fantastic! Very pleased that I might be able to buy Nuxe from a local bricks & mortar store soon x

Fran October 31, 2012 at 04:16

p.s. probably would have changed my name from Fuchs tbh

Michelle October 31, 2012 at 05:16

I visited Fragonard factory in Eze when I was in the south of France years ago. It was fascinating to learn how perfume is made. The do so many lovely fragrances. Look forward to checking out what M&S has next time I’m in. :)

Emma October 31, 2012 at 06:01

Sounds gorgeous – I love a fragrance that’s not too strong – I’ve been wearing Stella Sheer for the past couple of summers, but it’s very hard to find in Australia. Maybe I’ll try this for summer this year!

Hannah Chan October 31, 2012 at 17:11

I am really impressed with the new M&S beauty hall…I had a good look round on the Saturday just gone as…dangerously…a huge M&S has just opened at the end of my street along with a number of other shops that are offering to empty my purse…I think that I am going to spend a lot of time wondering about the food and beauty halls there.

Fashion Follows Her November 2, 2012 at 17:31

M&S wow, have to admit I’ve never bought scent from M&S (must have purchased everything else from them over the years!) Orange blossom is one of my fav fragrances.

Second Floor Flat November 3, 2012 at 18:47

Ooh, hadn’t heard about this but I’m all about some £22 perfume. That being said, I’m trying to save my non-existent ‘beauty budget’ for all the holiday offers at Boots, etc etc etc. Be still my wallet.

vivienne westwood November 6, 2012 at 03:15

Orange blossom is one of my fav fragrances.Ooh.I’m trying to save my non-existent ‘beauty budget’ for all the holiday offers at Boots, etc etc etc

Laura November 12, 2012 at 10:30

Wow, never knew M&S had a decent range of fragrances! I’m going to duck out and check their stock this weekend. I loveeeeee anything orange blossom!