IMG_20121011_085045

Yesterday I caught the Eurostar with Tara & Ayla for a sneaky one night escape to Paris. We checked in at our hotel, the beautiful Pavillon de la Reine, in the Place des Vosges, bang in the heart of the Marais.

IMG_20121011_083706

Here I am in the hotel room, overlooking the hotel courtyard, wearing the Lily & Lionel Breakthrough Breast Cancer scarf from My Wardrobe. (£95)

IMG_20121011_090734

We spent the day wandering around the Marais. Then we headed to the Pomipdou

IMG_20121010_175236

and up to Georges up at the very top of the building for a celebratory coupe as the sun went down.

IMG_20121010_185309

Ayla in Georges:

IMG_20121010_182505

And at Chez Janou, with their famous Mousse au Chocolate, which comes in a help yourself bucket:

IMG_20121010_221429

Beautiful Tara, replete and purring like a cat after her Charlotte aux Poires AND a large scoop of Mousse au Chocolat.

IMG_20121010_221951

what a perfect day!

A help yourself bucket of mousse au chocolat is my idea of heaven.

Oh my goodness! That Mousse au Chocolate! Needs to be in my life.

What a lovely idea I’m so envious. I really respect you for just getting on and doing that rather than talking about it. I went to Chez Janus too but obviously missed out as I didn’t have the mousse :o(

Ah, it must be so nice to be in Europe where all of the countries are so small that you can just jet off on a train to some other country!

Hi Sasha. Ive been such a fan and loyal follower of your blog since forever. Ive cooked a ton of your recipes (me fave is the avocado, chickpea and haloumi), bought your beauty buys (am on my second darphin body oil!) and taken your hotel advice (the Belgraves). Am planning a trip to Paris for 4 days in November and am really keen for some eating and seeing (nice walks ) recomendations from trusted sources. Any chance you could share some of your favourities and tips or point me to any previous posts that could be useful. Sorry if this is a very cheeky post 🙂 Many Thanks in advance

Sounds like a great trip!

Put me in a room with that mousse and I’d be in heaven.
Nice post 🙂

Making me want to go to paris!! Looks amazing

XX