Hampstead Heath

Yesterday – Sunday – felt in every way like the last gasp of summer. With London Fashion Week kicking off on Friday, my inbox is close to buckling, and I have a bunch of projects underway, so I had to work.

But I was damned if I was going to sit in my flat, whilst London frolicked in 28C heat. So I put the lid down on my car, swung by lil’sis’, dognapped P Bad, and headed for the Heath.

Hampstead Heath

I have a favoured spot on the cusp of Parliament Hill Fields and the Hill itself. I prop myself under a spreading oak tree, type with one hand, and throw tennis balls for the rat with each other.

Hampstead Heath

Once P Bad was distracted by the bliss of digging multiple holes, I kicked back, staring up through the trees, and plotted and planned. It’s amazing how looking up clears the mind.

Hampstead Heath

‘Green thoughts in a green shade…’

Was doing exactly the same thing on Sunday, lying on the grass in Kew Gardens, under a huge magnolia tree, just looking up through the green.
Magical.

The weather was so great the whole week in London!

Your doggy is so cute 🙂

Snap! When we lived near, I used to walk up to The Heath with terrier & laptop. Now I use Queens Wood. Lets hope this late summer sunshine continues!
Hx

PBad gets more adorable every day!!

Lovely pictures! That type of weather just makes you want to go out, relax, read and listen to relaxing music.

Normally would have been mucking around with my hound Boris The Brave (black working cocker spaniel) on the Heath too but we headed for the seaside. Sure Boris will seek out P bad another warm sunny day whilst digging holes under those trees 😉
J*

A perfect late summer day! Working outside is so refreshing. It would be lovely to have that option everyday! But I think I’d be horrendously unproductive.

Looking forward to visiting Hampstead Heath when we come to London later in the year. Mum and Dad used to go for picnics there, and their photos of it from the 70s suggest it hasn’t changed too much?! I’m afraid I’ll have to make like P Bad (love her photos by the way – so much character in such a compact package!) and dig myself a hole in the snow to sit down.

Heading up there first thing tmrw with the pug….cant wait to wander