Love Moschino handbag

I bought this navy Love Moschino bag from My Wardrobe at the beginning of their sale about a month ago and, after toting it around London, Ascot, the couture & Rio, I am still very very pleased with it. It was also an absolute steal at £76.00 (40% off off its original price of £127.00). It was described as ecological leather – and I am still no wiser as to what this actually is, (anyone know? Gen-u-wine plastique?) but whatever that means, it’s worn fantastically, still as good as new.

I’m not a huge buyer of bags, tending to rely on a few old favourites, along with a selection of vintage Coach and Gucci bags liberated from my mother, along with my much loved Mulberry Bayswater for travelling. (Lulu Guinness has just given me a divine red patent Eva bag which will be coming out to play soon.)

This one I bought because I didn’t have a smart navy bag big enough to fit at least three cellphones for when I attend events and need to make sure I am always online for Twitter & Instagram.

I took the photo on the dressing table at my mother’s country cottage, when I was house-sitting the other weekend, and I took these photos below too at the same time. She has such immaculate taste, and everything always looks so pretty, never contrived or trying too hard.

(Spare room with leopard headboard, Graham & Greene bedside table)

vintage suitcase
(My grandfather’s leather suitcase)

Persephone Books
(Perspehone Books in my mother’s bedroom)

I’m not an expert at all but I think ecological leather is when the animal had died naturally – so it’s like recycling!??! xx

South Molton St Style

@Anna: oh interesting! I need to do more research…LLGxx

Your mother’s house looks so beautiful! Perhaps you could talk her into a guest post on decorating?

@Hilary: ooh that’s a BRILLIANT idea! I will, thank you. LLGxx

@LLG: Hurray, looking forward to it then.

Gorgeous bag, I am a sucker for a chain link strap. I have a black Mulberry Lily with such a strap and I adore it. I’ve also just cottoned on to the practical, yet elegant, yet slightly ‘different’ quality of a navy bag – genius, me – and scored a Midnight blue Tillie in the sale (I am a Mulberry addict).

Your Mother’s taste is indeed immaculate. I am positively drooling over that leopard print headboard within that fresh and pretty context.

@Claire: I know; I’ve always loved those headboards. They are so unexpected, yet work so well. LLGxx

I bought the same in cream and was googling eco leather like crazy and it seems it should be some special leather but to me it feels like faux leather…big confusion…anyway..the bag is great in both colours

@eva: Yup, that’s exactly what I thought too. But as you say, it doesn’t really matter as the bag is fab! LLGxx

Oh I love that headboard! Stops that room looking too girly, I love it. And wow what beautiful bed linen.

@annie: ooh that means a lot coming from you Ms Interior Design! You should see her linen closet…it is blissful. Piles of white, iron bedlinen and vintage & inherited lace, linen and embroidered tablecloths, traycloths, sheets, and pillowcases. LLGxx

Your mother should farm herself out as an interior decorator. Does she have any tips for getting rid of moths?

great bag, I LOVE navy and am very glad there is more of it around now- but it’s still hard to get navy bags and shoes.

I am being a bridesmaid shortly (there really should be a better word for a women in her thirties who isn’t married than bridesmaid but anyway) and we’re wearing navy dresses (unusually but quite chicly I think) the shoes have been hard…. I have a great pair from LK Bennett but they’re a few seasons old so we couldn’t get them for the others- so we’ve ended up all in silver which isn’t so satisfactory