Lost Lectures

This is a brief post just to say an ENORMOUS thank you to all the LLG readers I met last night at The Lost Lectures at The Union Chapel in Islington, London. I was completely bowled over by the wonderful people I met, who bothered to come up to say hello.

Lost Lectures

As you can imagine, it’s quite intimidating to walk into a room and see this sea of faces, so when such lovely people found me in the interval to let me know they were there and that they read LLG every day, it made giving my talk later on that evening a lot easier, knowing that you were all in the audience.

I’m afraid adrenalin has rather driven names out of my head, but to Carol & Annie & Laura and everyone else – THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! (And of course, thank you to my personal cheerleader team: lil’sis, Chloe & Anne, for coming too.)

Dear LLG

Well done you! I looked at your picture of the packed room last night (beautiful looking venue by the way – where is it?) and as someone who does not love public speaking, panicked slightly on your behalf, but am sure you pulled it off with aplomb. I’d never heard of the Lost Lectures before, but thanks to you I have now. What a great idea.

X

Oops, ignore query re venue – just saw that it is the Union Chapel in Islington.

You rocked it. And looked completely amazing doing it. x

Hi Sasha – it was a real thrill to meet you last night along with your lovely sis and Chloe and you spoke so wonderfully and informatively – a real help to a budding blogger such as me. As I said last night you have been a real inspiration to me – yes, I am definitely an LLG groupie!
What an amazing evening – such an eclectic group of speakers on such a wide range of subjects and I’d recommend The Lost Lectures to any other readers.
And just a note to all your other followers – yes, LLG really is as gorgeous as her photos show, and just as nice in person.
A fab evening (although still a little gutted at the non-attendance of PB – I wonder what she would have made of the giant earwig?). Thanks Sasha

Sorry I didn’t get to say Hello last night but wanted to let you know I really enjoyed your lecture. Lots of food for thought I felt – your passion really shone through. Well done you x

Yikes so many people! How did it go?