Fashion Targets Breast Cancer: My Wardrobe & Daisy collaborate on Chakra Bracelets

by Sasha Wilkins on May 1, 2012 · 9 comments

Sasha Wilkins for FTBC
I spent Monday afternoon at My Wardrobe HQ, having my portrait shot for the 2012 Fashion Targets Breast Cancer collaboration (an exclusive 3-piece Aura bracelet collection) between my-wardrobe.com and Daisy, to raise money and awareness for the campaign this summer.

Myself, BBC presenters Lauren Laverne & Jo Whiley, and fellow digital entrepreneurs & writers Emily Johnston of Fashion Foie Gras & Tala Sammon of myfashdiary are all supporting the collection, which is available from today exclusively online at my-wardrobe.com and daisyjewellery.com. (Their portraits are below.)
Lauren Laverne for FTBC at my-warcdrobe.jpeg Jo Whiley for FTBC for my-wardrobe.jpeg

I wanted to get involved, not just because it’s an important campaign, but because my friend Courtney lost her mother to the disease and because my friend Mary has battled it recently, and come out triumphant, shaking her magnificent new mane with style.

The 3-piece collection features a sterling silver, 24ct rose gold vermeil and 24ct gold vermeil Aura chakra set onto a red woven cord denoting the key positive qualities of stability, grounding and prosperity, this wording will also be delicately engraved on one side of the Aura chakra. Depicting the three colours of success, these beautiful Aura bracelets can be worn alone or stacked up.

Emily Johnston Fashion Foie Gras for FTBC at my-wardrobe.jpeg Tala Elle Sammon myfashdiary for FTBC at my-wardrobe.jpeg

The silver, rose gold vermeil and 24ct gold vermeil Aura chakras are available exclusively from www.my-wardrobe.com and www.daisyjewellery.com priced from £58 to £87.50. 30 per cent of each sale will go to Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.

This is the fourth year running that my-wardrobe has supported Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, the flagship fashion campaign of Breakthrough Breast Cancer, a charity dedicated to transforming and saving lives through finding the causes of breast cancer and improving detection. The joint campaign, launching in spring 2012 will raise vital funds enabling Breakthrough to continue with ground-breaking research, as well as to campaign for better services and raise awareness of breast cancer.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

picolin May 2, 2012 at 01:20

I will get this – not only because they are sooo lovely, also my mother is a surviver and keep telling me the importance of having a check regularly, then is thanking for the improvement of the treatment.

didyoumakethat May 2, 2012 at 06:09

Slightly on a tangent, but there’s an EXCELLENT article and debate here at The Guardian recently about the things people say when you’re seriously ill – and what not to say: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/22/serious-illness-things-people-say

simone May 2, 2012 at 06:37

Really beautiful portraits of all you :)

Sarah May 2, 2012 at 07:13

Will order one straight away…
Another question, is that a Bastyan dress you are wearing? I have this one if it is, although the dry cleaner after the first wear has made the lovely white collar a muddy grey… grrr… fixing it now I hope!
@scotdownsouth

KSalty May 2, 2012 at 14:11

Excellent stuff – a cause very, very close to my heart. Never really liked the t-shirts with the targets on but I think I’ll get one of these gorgeous bracelets as a daily reminder of the strength shown by several wonderful women I love x
Ps fab pic of you.

Lala May 4, 2012 at 09:14

Sasha, you look absolutely beautiful.

Lovely idea for a cause that I wish wasn’t necessary. Mum’s going through treatment right now and a lot of the breakthroughs in recent years wouldn’t be possible without fundraising like this :)

Prudence Yeo August 23, 2012 at 01:56

Gorgeous pictures and really meaningful campaign :)… I used to work at the Breast Cancer Foundation in Singapore and was fortunate to be able to do my part in helping to spread awareness of breast cancer through education talks and fund raising by selling pink ribbons. Now that I am a business owner, I hope to be able to contribute towards this area as well. Your post is an inspiration to how corporations in fashion industry can contribute and I hope to be able to achieve this as well soon!