Back home in London, with a temperature and feeling like cr@p, I’m trying to re-imagine myself back onto Cornish soil, with the sound of the waves crashing, my sister smiling, and the rat gambolling around with joy in the sunshine. We had such a wonderful trip, lil’sis, P Bad and me, and we really didn’t want it to end.

But I came crashing back to London reality, with the sleeper car steward’s knock on the door of our compartment at 630am. There’s nothing like flicking up the blind in your berth to see the 0645 on the opposite platform at London Paddington, and bleery eyed commuters clutching coffee cups to get you back into London life.

After the taxi dropped me off at home, I shoved in a load of washing, grabbed an hour’s sleep, and then took in ten press appointments all over London for AW12, from the divine DvF for Gap children’s launch breakfast through Anya Hindmarch, Rupert Sanderson, Moschino and more, ending up at Christian Louboutin’s shoes of lust for next season last thing. I only stopped whizzing around when my new flats, changed into to stop my pointy toed black stilettos rubbing, promptly took a strip of skin off my bare heels. There’s a certain irony in pitching up to Louboutin HQ barefoot, holding one’s shoes in one’s hand.

Today hasn’t been quite so successful. I awoke with a headache, felt distinctly unwell all morning, blacked out around lunchtime, and missed not only all today’s meetings and press appts (Diesel *sniff*, Whistles *sniff*, Louis Vuitton *sniff*…), but the Sainsbury’s spring party – which I was rather narcissistically looking forward to, as there is a feature on my recipes for spring in the May issue of their magazine, out imminently. And, now, of course, having snoozed all day, am wide awake with a cracking headache at 0152hrs. Euf.

Get well soon Sasha! x

Feel better! I will def pick up a copy of the magazine with your recipes when I’m in the UK soon. Loved the Cornwall posts and tweets.

Great post. I’ve been living in the most rural, beautiful part of France for the past month taking a break with my dear friend..tomorrow I shall be heading back to London. I fear the culture shock may be the death of Me!! Hope you feel better soon. x

Oh dear poor you- I always get ill when I have some days off. Cornwall sounds wonderful, it’s one of my favourite holiday places anyway but I haven’t been for a year and a half or so and definitely need to get another visit booked in

Feel better soon, LLG! You usually move so fast that I imagine you’d speed by germs, but I guess the pesky little things have their own warp speed.

I love the picture that accompanies this post.

Beautiful view

I love cornwall

How you have the energy to do all this I have NO idea. You are my stamina heroine (despite understandably missing one or two appointments!)

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon. What a shame to miss those press days 🙁 there is always next time. You have inspired me to visit Cornwall again soon, I loved going as a child x

I hope you get well soon!

Oh boo sorry to hear that Sasha 🙁 Hope you feel better soon x