LLG Style: Mercy Delta Scarf (In Cornwall. With Dog.)

by Sasha Wilkins on March 23, 2012 · 7 comments

My out-of-London uniform is pretty consistent. Skinny jeans or jeggings, my Black Barbour International jacket, cashmere Uniqlo sweater. I ring the changes with scarves, and on my feet I either wear Hunters (After all, I must have one of the biggest collections of anyone I know. There are definite benefits to being the current face of the brand) or ankle boots.

The current favourite in the scarf stakes is the Mercy Delta scarf I was sent a month or so ago. It’s accompanied me to Montreal, Munich, Paris, Switzerland and now Cornwall. Woven from silk, it’s very light, feels incredibly luxurious, folds down to nothing and keeps me  warm. It’s also big enough to be a light wrap when I travel. (Mercy Delta was founded in 2010 by fashion agent Katie Lightfoot and designer Winnie Lee, and each piece is designed by them, taking influences from all over the world. )

Mercy Delta scarf & Dachshund

I’m wearing:
Mercy Delta Spirit scarf in Denim (pony print)
Topshop Moto Leigh skinnies in navy (bargainous £38)
Ash Jessbis ankle boots (I wrote about them here)
Vintage 1980s Coach navy  mini handbag, worn crossbody (& stolen from my mama)
Barbour International jacket
Gucci sunglasses (also liberated from the maternal closet)

Mercy Delta scarves are available from Matches, ASOS, Flannels online, and Harvey Nichols, Selfridges & various independents.

Photo: Taken by lil’sis at The Scarlet Hotel, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall

Oh and here is the pony print up close:

DSC_0374

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

picolin March 24, 2012 at 02:56

Ooh, as who wearing Barbour International + skinny jeans like my uniform (oh well), need to get one. Looks so gorgeous.

janie March 24, 2012 at 06:39

Love Leigh jeans and have a pair in almost all the colours they do and about three black pairs, one of which i customized by cutting them hemming and then making a cuff ( the work of minutes , truly) so they are 3/4 length, ideal for warmer weather and flip flops/heels combo. That scarf is beautiful too.
Just got a smashing Clements Ribearo one white background pastel coloured birds n butterfly’s from TKMaxx. Bargainous indeed!
J x

Rose beyond the Thames March 24, 2012 at 09:08

What a lovely print! You look very glamorous and tiny!

I’m really enjoying Mary Portas’ new programme (on 4OD) and found her visit to the Barbour factory in South Shields very life affirming- all those British skilled workers making the traditional wax jackets exactly where they have for over a hundred years- it made me want to buy one immediately- so yay Barbour

Jules March 25, 2012 at 17:10

Very cute outfit – plus dog ;)!!

Den October 24, 2012 at 03:34

You look fabulous. Not jealous. Nope. *THAT SCARF*

Catherine November 30, 2012 at 19:38

I have a question about your scarf – have you washed it and if so how did it come out? Or do you dry clean everything? Have seen a Mercy Delta scarf I likeon sale on a website and the mix is 80/20 wool/silk. Am tempted to buy it but it says dry clean.