Sausage Fest: Dachshunds in London Club Meeting in Hyde Park

by Sasha Wilkins on February 26, 2012 · 15 comments

If your heart doesn’t skip a beat at the sight of a sausage dog, then best to move on, because this post is going to be a shameless love letter to the inimitable Dachshund, in all its many guises.

The Dachshunds in London Club meets once a month or so, rotating around London’s parks, and allowing Dachsies to socialise with others of their breed. My sister heard about them on the doggie grapevine, so we joined their Facebook page and headed off to Hyde Park with the rat this afternoon.

As we approached the Bandstand, I could see a group of people but wondered where all the dogs were. Then I lowered my gaze and there, six inches or so off the ground, was a sea of little sausages of all colours and sizes gambolling about in the sunshine. Magic. (Unfortunatley we were a little late, so we missed the group photo.)

IMG_5028 < IMG_5017

IMG_5015 IMG_4992

IMG_4978 IMG_4977

We lost our hearts to Phoebe, the tiniest, softest dappled Dachsie puppy:

IMG_4988 IMG_4984

IMG_4983 IMG_4982

And then it was home.

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Miss Tallulah Porkchop February 26, 2012 at 18:16

I LOVE IT. WE have a meeting group like that for pugs (we take ours). Sooo… cute. Look at all the varities of sausages :).

Kerri February 27, 2012 at 03:31

Aww, Phoebe may be the cutest puppy ever – those eyelashes!
Dachshund lovers (and dog lovers in general) will enjoy this meeting of world dachsies:
I especially like Rex the speaker and Uruguay’s representative – both very eloquent.

A Girl, A Style February 27, 2012 at 06:04

No real words, just OOOOH!!!! And look at little Phoebe, she looks so soft and sweet and cute!!

Thanks for sharing!

B xx

KSalty February 27, 2012 at 07:37

Oh the cuteness! I never realised there were quite so many varieties of daschie – and the pic of Phoebe is beautiful.

Laura February 27, 2012 at 07:57

I THOUGHT I SAW YOU! That is so strange I was sure I saw you walking through Hyde Park yesterday but thought no no your local is Regents Park. Well I guess I should have said hello! Very sweet doggies – i did wonder why there was such a sausage fest in the park yesterday!

Laura February 27, 2012 at 07:57

I’ve just come across your blog and it is such a nice read! x

Louise - EdwynUK February 27, 2012 at 10:31

How lovely to see so many Dachsies all together! We occasionally get together with other Welsh Terrier owners, as part of the Welsh Terrier & Friends (Weltaf) group – and it’s always funny to see the puzzled look on peoples faces as they se not one, not two, but lots of the same breed!!
Here’s my post on the last WT walk we went on near the Olympic park….

Kate February 27, 2012 at 10:38

I can’t believe I missed this, it would have been the perfect event to take my sketchbook and camera along to. Oh well, perhaps next time!

Meg February 27, 2012 at 20:48

awwww! they’re all so sweet! I love pretty much anything with fur but sausage dogs have a special place in my heart

theincurablelibertine February 27, 2012 at 22:26

omigoodness i’ve never seen anything so cute. what a sweet outing!