When the weather is harsh outdoors, my main priority is to stop my face falling off, without having to spend hours patting unguents into my face…I am the queen of up, shower, shampoo, dry, make up and out the door in 30 minutes, I just cannot be doing with a 1hr 30 minute morning faff.

So, whilst my winter skin procedure changes from week to week as I try out new products,  here is this past week’s enormously successful regimen.

Every 2-3 days I do a very light facial exfoliation in the shower with the mildest product I can find to get rid of any flaking: in this case, Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream £18. Then the moment I am out of the shower, I slap on Darphin Hydraskin Intensive Skin-Hydrating Serum £41 , which I let soak in whilst I brush my teeth, and then add on either  Soap & Glory’s 6-in-1 Superboost Moisture Lotion £12 if I am working from home, or  Jo Malone’s Vitamin E cream with SPF15 if I am going outdoors.

In the evening I am using This Works’ Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water £21, which is hydrating and leaves absolutely no pore-blocking residue on the skin,  the Darphin Hydraskin Intensive Skin-Hydrating Serum and Soap & Glory’s 6-in-1 Superboost Moisture Lotion £12

My skin is really soft, plumped and I have absolutely no rosacea lumps, bumps or spots. I particularly rate the Soap & Glory moisturiser of which I had no expectations at all. £12 too! It really is a winter wonder product.

This is so helpful, thank-you! I have been suffering since living in a drier climate with super flaky winter skin. I shall have to have a good look into some of these items.

@Marie: oh it’s miserable isn’t it? I also use a humidifer, and failing that balance bowls of water on the radiators! LLGxx

hahaha we’re all trying to keep our faces from falling off! My hands are also really prone to falling off in the winter, or rather peeling off sounds more accurate =S

Dinx @ Lovely in Random xoxo

@Dinx: @Dinx: I’m loving Philosophy’s Hands of Hope which I keep on my desk. I tried out Crabtree & Evelyn’s scented hand creams yesterday and thought they were lovely and emollient too. LLGxx

I am suffering from winter dryness and have ditched the clarisonic mia except for once a week. May I ask if you put water on your face, or do you avoid this? Sarah

@Sarah: @Sarah: @Sarah: Hi Sarah, TBH I try to avoid it, as my skin is so dry. I do have a Clarisonic, but my face is waiting for warmer weather to get cracking with it. Generally I use micellar cleansing waters as they are much kinder on my face and leave no buildup. I am really loving the This Works right now, as it is incredibly gentle,. LLGxx

Perfect timing! My skin is falling off in this cold weather.

Big fan of Soap and Glory. Love most of the products. Glad to see you gave it the thumbs up. Their basic Night Cream is also really good at this time of year

My Caudalie serum is about to run out now so I pop into John Lewis on my way home from work and grab Darphin serum just now. I’m adding a rose hip oil on my daily evening routine and works really well, and hoping the new one may reduce my red spots and flakiness!

@picolin: I think rose hip oil is excellent, and I think squeezing out the contents of Vitamin E capsules can work wonders in the winter too. I’ve been working my through all the Darphin serums, and I think they are excellent – as are Caudalie’s. LLGxx

Every picture of you shows perfect skin! 🙂 Do you ever break out and if so, what do you use? I feel like I’m too old to be getting zits but, they still arrive on the monthly schedule. Hormones…a blessing and a curse!

@Erica: Often! But I tend to get more tiny white squeezable bumps than actual spots – a symptom of my very bad rosacea. I use Liz Earle or Ole Henrikson spot zappers if they are bad. L’oreal & Givenchy green bases cover a multitude of sins, and I swear by Giorgio Armani foundation. LLGxx

I have concluded that my skin , hair and nails are all so dry that the only way forward is to marinade myself in a vat of warm almond oil until March. Sadly that’s not a realistic option.
Ren balm and serum and Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream with sunblock are doing their best. But hair is resisting all attempts – Keratase, Ferekkai and in desparation just olive oil left to soak in for hours….it’s still a horrid crispy frizzy mess.

@Andrea: I am about to test out Charles Worthington’s new hair repair kit and will report back, and word on the beauty editor street is that John Frieda’s new hair repair is brilliant. (Launching soon) LLGxx

That’s very kind, I shall keep a most interested eye out for the results of the tests. And if anyone ever purports to have the solution for aging , dry naturally curly hair I am the test case!

@Andrea: Have a go at the Kerastase elixer, or what I love the mostest of the most is the Kerastase aqua oleum range! it’s basically what they use in salons for those fancy treatments, but you can buy them relatively cheaply off the internet. If you do it in the salons they charge about 20-30 quid per application, but I managed to find 4 little bottles for 20. Each bottle lasts 2 applications, and you do it every 2 weeks. It leaves my chemically damaged hair feeling as soft as cotton!

@Victoria:

Victoria my love, I am using the entire Keratase Oleo Curl range, including the intensive mask – I still have hair like shreded paper. The hairdresser asked if using the whole range might make my hair limp….I laughed a hollow laugh, I dream of limp, I look like candyfloss

@Andrea: Oh no! Have you asked your hairdresser about the 12 week blow dry? One of my Arabic friends just did it with amazing results. It turner her ringlets into smooth waves.

I too am amazed by Soap n Glory stuff. Im mrs itchy=scratchy when it comes to products in general, plus I have tricky skin, dry patches/ large pores/oily patches/ acne prone. But, this is one product I always press on friends who’ve not tried it yet. Plus all the packaging is rather jolly!
Jx

@janie: It IS cheering, isn’t it?! LLGxx

I absolutely love the fragrance of Soap & Glory products. I have a moisturiser that smells like chocolate orange- divine! x