(My shoes are so unused I’m reduced to making them part of my decor. Kirkwood on left, Bohinc on right)

I know Christmas is long gone now, but I kind of feel like I have been blobbing around like a, well a large pale blob in fashion-neutral numbers for months now. There has been barely a sniff of a dressing up occasion for months and, much as I love a good PR breakfast meeting, January is hardly the month to break out the new season’s looks at 9am.

It doesn’t help my sense of dressing up deprivation that I didn’t have any major Christmas parties this year – not really my thing, and Christmas Day round our way is more likely to be spent prone in a cashmere onesie lobbing Quality Street in the direction of our gobs, than swanning around in a party frock, prodding canapes.

At New Year I was in Marrakech, and lil’sis & I spent a frankly delightful evening in our nighties & cardies eating takeaway pizza & prawn cocktails in bed in our riad in the Medina, reading Georgette Heyer (me), and the QuidCo site (her) congratulating ourselves on not bowing to NYE must-spend-a-fortune-going-out pressure.

Montreal was too bloody cold for the whipping out of the hawt fashion looks and, whilst I made a cursory effort in Munich,  giving my Tibi leather-lapelled tux & most S&M-ish Nicholas Kirkwoods an outing for the Chairman’s Dinner, a digital conference, attended by a roughly 4:1 male:female ratio is hardly the place to break out SS12’s pastels.

So, and this really is a career-time first, I am actually looking forward to fashion week season in a delightfully perverse way. Normally I’m not thrilled at the prospect of having to pull together umpteen all-different looks,  truss myself up and prance around in stilt heels for days on end, (I am truly fashion-lazy), but this season I am positively looking forward to it. Thoroughly bored of wearing mid-heel ankle boots, swathes of cashmere, bobble hats, and subtle make up, I want fashion, fashion people (especially Alex Fury in Mary Katrantzou) and all round general fashion-ness. Yes, I did make that word up. And who’s asking?

Cute shoes, but looks like you will be waiting a while longer to wear them with the weather we are having. Glad you are looking forward to Fashion Week. Would be such a drag if you weren’t!

@Laura: hahaha: I have NEVER known weather to stop fashion play. Bare legs and open toes are frequently spotted at the February shows. Altho, granted, not usually on me.

Fashion Week is work, granted it comes with prettier people, and some pretty full on luxe trappings, but 15hr days are 15 hr days… so it’s a mixed bag of anticipation and aversion after years of attending! LLGxx

How exciting 🙂

Love this post! Even if I can relate all too well to the ‘pale blobbing about bit’. And if it makes you feel better, I’m forced to pretend my accessories are part of the decor (as much about tiny storage space as about lack of wear) too.

Briony xx

@A Girl, A Style: Well, that’s my bookcase in the hallway masquerading as a shoe storage unit, so I can sympathise. My shoes look mighty pretty up there, but there’s nowhere else to go. I still can’t work out how I ended up living in a four room apartment and still have no storage…LLGxx

Indulge yourself!

When you haven’t had the opportunity to ‘dress up’ for a while (although I’m sure you’ve been looking more stylish than you give yourself credit for), it’s great when you get an event which gives you an opportunity to ‘raid the dressing up box’. Enjoy!

Loving your Orchids, also. Gosh. I am commenting on plants now. That’s a sign I’m getting old. But I love it!

@babeonabudgetuk: yes! You are so right about the dressing up. The orchids are the ones I bought on Columbia Rd yesterday – and my mother gave me the copper preserving pan. It just calls out for pretty flowers. LLGxx

Old Italian wives tale from my Nana, it’s bad luck if you put your shoes atop a table. But, the shoes are still cute:)

Beautiful shoes – I decorate my house with mine too as at the moment, it’s just too damn cold! Can’t wait to discard the layers and inject some fashion-ness…

Same for me, I can’t remember the last time I properly got dressed up. Didn’t go to any major Xmas parties, stayed in NYE. I am going NYC (childless) next week so an opportunity to hit the bars. I have got some pastel jeans that I am loving at the moment for casual wear. I am planning to carry my comfy boots in my bag for fashion week and hobble on the cobbles in some slinky stilts as long as humanly possible x

Cant wait to see your fashion week outfits. I like to plan my outfits from the shoes upwards – I can always feel fabulous in an amazing pair of heels (even if i’m having a “fat day!”)

Yes! This post made me smile!
Let’s get fashionable (to the tune of “Let’s get physical!”… oh dear…) I’m excited nonetheless to see a couple of possible fashion week outfit posts from LLG? x

Your idea of Christmas with a Georgette Heyer and a box of chocolates sounds super-heavenly to me. Much better than all the painful high heels and office parties!