Papirum Barcelona

I may run my life from three smartphones, a tablet and my MacAir, but I gain enormous pleasure from writing thank you letters to everyone in ink on heavy cream paper, and from writing endless lists by hand with a fountain pen in my notebooks.

So for me, there is something enormously beguiling about a proper old school stationers, with its singular smell of leather, paper and ink. Barcelona’s Papirum is just such a one, with its shelves of leather & cloth-bound notebooks, crisp correspondence cards, pens and pencils and calligraphy supplies of every description, letter press invitations, and diaries. But most of all, there is paper, sheaves and sheaves of artisan-made paper.

Conveniently situated just down from the Picasso Museum in the Barri Gotic (the Gothic quarter), I’ve frequently walked past the shop, late and en route elsewhere, and wondered if it sold curios, antiques or just leather goods.

So this summer, when I was caught in a violent rainstorm, walking from the boutiques of El Born to the food market on the Ramblas, I folded my umbrella and pushed the door open.

Immediately that leathery, papery smell filled my nose, banishing the wet dog smell of my sweater.

And, oh!

I left with a carefully chosen notebooks, a clutch of birthday cards, several pens and some visiting cards for a girlfriend.

Papirum Barcelona IMG_0007

IMG_0009 IMG_0012

Bajada LibreterĂ­a, 2
08002 Barcelona
Timetable: Monday to Friday from 10h to 20,30h. Saturdays from 10h to 14h and from 17h to 20,30h.
RENFE commuter: Plaza Catalunya
Underground: Jaume I L4 and Liceo L3

OMFG, this is just PERFECT. Thank you for giving my eyeballs a break from Hannah and Her Sisters (it’s on for the THIRD time without a break) x

I (&my husband) have been thinking getting away from London during Diamond Jubilee in next June. This shop will make us head to Barcelona again… He even suggests to take a train to Barcelona via Paris. AND I am stationery geek who cannot avoid Smythson. Goodness me, this is the place I have to visit!

oh the place looks beautiful and totally a place where I could get lost in for hours 🙂
xx

wow I love all those books they look amazing

Jealous! Sounds so lovely! I love old school stationary. It’s is my guilty pleasure. I have more notebooks than I have use for. I’d love to see your purchases!

Dinx @ Lovely in Random xoxo

Oh Em Gee! I had no reason to return to Barcelona… until I saw this! Amazing! I think I could lose a whole day in this store!

I love stationary too- this looks good enough to warrant a trip to Barcelona (no excuse needed- the food, the leather goods, the Gaudi, oh my!)

I thought I commented earlier very confused- beautiful stationary from beautiful Barcelona- I really need a city break

hello third try on the comments! lovely stationary, I adore Barcelona, I wish I could go every year

Looks gorgeous. Call me old-fashioned, but you can’t beat a proper thank you letter!