Screen shot 2011-12-16 at 00.54.23

I love a good startup, & I equally love a good look into someone else’s handbag, so I was very happy to provide new site What’s in your Handbag with a photo of the beauty side of mine. The site launches officially next year (you’ll be able to buy things that you see in people’s bags ), but they have a handbag advent calendar featuring a new industry insider’s bag each day, where they share the beauty products they love. I’m today, the 16th.

Do click through to the site to find out more about the individual contents from the drop down labels, as well as checking out the other fifteen handbags. (You can also enter their comp to win a Mulberry Alexa.)

The items in my Mulberry Camera Carter handbag are:
La Roche Posay Uvidea XL BB Cream
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill in Khaki Pulse13
Sisley’s Sisleya face cream (sample size)
Topshop Lipstick in Infrared LOVE THIS
Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Palette
Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener (sample size)
Chanel La Ligne Fluide de Chanel Instant Eyeliner
Jardin de Poete scent by Eau d’Italie from wonderful Les Senteurs (sample size)
As well as:
my beloved Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1  in its Bottega Veneta case (Something I love so much deserves only the best covering)
3 x smartphones: BlackBerry Torch (with the new OS),  iPhone 3G for Instagram & the Samsung Galaxy II
Proenza Schouler keyring & car key (this year’s press Christmas present from the boys)
Stella McCartney sunglasses
Whistles card case
& New York driving licence (I pine for America)

PS Here’s the contents of my bag back in 2008!

I love this. I signed up and I’m looking forward to this. I also loved peeking inside your purse – that sounds creepy but it’s interesting to see what other women carry.

@Nina: Why only peeking into girls purses? Nowadays also men carry al lot of “garbage” around! Would love to see what other persons are carrying 🙂

I love the WIHB site already, it’s so cute and perfect for nosy people like me:) I’ve been searching for a great orangey red lippie, I’ll have to try the Topshop one in your bag, it looks perfect. And I also had no idea that LRP makes a BB cream – this is why I love peeking in people’s purses, in an entirely un-creepy and legal way:)

The Blossom Shed Beauty Blog

Quite fascinating to see the differences between your 2008 bag and now. Everything looks much sleeker now, wonder what will be in your handbag in 2014…

That website sounds right up my street, I love nosing in people’s handbags. How come you have three phones? Please make me feel better about my less glamorous handbag and admit that there were also loose receipts, odd earrings and perhaps a rogue sweet at the bottom of your bag that just didn’t make the photo.

Hold on, the comment above sounds like I regularly rummage around in people’s handbags. Obviously I don’t. Just wanted to clear that up!

Great idea for a website! *nosy*

I think the bag contents have got a bit chicer since 2008! Thanks for sharing and it looks like a great new site.
Sarah

What a neat idea. Goes to show that the entrepreneurial spirit is well and alive. I’m a little nosy and love to check out what’s inside other people’s handbags. A more innocent version of the peeping Theresa (well, the girly version of Tom) 🙂

Love your coco Chanel

I don’t know what it is, but I reckon we’re all intrigued with what’s in each others handbags (I wonder if it comes from when we used to empty out the contents of our mother’s handbags as toddlers?!), so this is a great idea for a website. One thing though… you really need to reinstate the daschound keyring from your 2008 bag – too cute!