It’s been an incredibly busy week all round. It’s press day season for the SS12 collections, so there are appointments to be done, in addition to my normal working week of meetings, email wrangling (I get over 2500 a week), blog admin, writing and all the rest. It doesn’t leave me with a lot of time for dealing with curve balls or seeing friends, two areas of my life which need some serious attention.

I dealt with the seeing with friends bit by cooking supper for five girlfriends yesterday (Wednesday), which I managed to throw together when I got home at 530pm from a day of meetings, but the curve balls are still curving. See my dining room above with my 1960s Heals chrome & glass table and matching chairs? Looks lovely doesn’t it? What you can’t see are the knackered old chairs piled up to the side of the photo – part of the unwanted furniture mountain left  in my supposed-to-be unfurnished apartment by the landlady when I moved in, along with a dog pee-stained floor rug, Ikea prints in peeling frames and other choice items.

I’m still wrangling to get it all removed. After THREE MONTHS. *sigh* I really could have done without one of the said Ikea prints suddenly falling off the wall in the kitchen during dinner last night, narrowly missing my 1930s crystal wine glasses. Ah, well, at least I have witnesses.

A really lovely dinner it was, too! You are an amazingly gracious host and a most fabulous cook. Thank you!

@Anne Fousse: It’s the guests that made it…sorry about the falling print! That realyl scared the beejesus out of me. Poltergiests! LLGxx

you should box up all your Landlady”s stuff and either send it round to her or tell her you are having it put in a storage facility in her name and the account will be sent on to her ( if she doesn’t pay she looses her stuff!) – i used to run a property company in a former life…. table looks great!

Yes, I agree with Sam. Check the advert and the contract. Box up her stuff and send it round to her.

The table and the conservatory look lovely. x

Wow it looks amazing!! xx

@Katie Bowkett: Better than the last time you were here, right?! LLGxx

I agree with the above comments re: boxing your landlady’s belongings up. When I moved into our current flat there was two dining tables and numerous other hideous red bookshelves which weren’t meant to be there. I ended up putting them out the front of our flat for people to take when they weren’t collected within a few days. It’s highly unreasonable for you to have to live with someone else’s rubbish! Love the table, it looks fab.

I love the floors….

How lovely and serene does that dining room look! Gorgeous. Love the modern table next to the white floorboards and verdant view!