When ELLE Japan got in touch, they asked for two AW11 outfit photos – (good thing it was only two, as I think that’s about all I’ve got planned for AW so far.) Anyway, they ran one, & this was the one that was left over.

If you’ve read LLG this summer, then you’ll recognise the blue wool mini shift as the Whistles one I wore in the rain to the Veuve Polo Gold Cup. It’s perfect for the upcoming Mod trend, as per Burberry etc. (It’s on the Whistles site here.) Also: my new patent eyebag and double chin hiding hair-over-face pose for the over-thirties…

With it I am wearing a par of bright pink suede By Larin court shoes. The USP of many of their styles is that they come with click and twist magnetic removable bows, knots and embellishments. (If you are a child of the 80s, then this will all be very familiar to you. I remember my mother having all manner of clip on bows to add to her shoes. The clip ons used to fall off at the most inopportune moments, so the magnetic idea is much more sensible.)

I was given these at the press day for By Larin, where I got to choose both the colour and the embellishments for the toes. I picked these gold metal bows and some pretty pink suede knots. I’m so over stripper shoes, platforms and clunky shoes that I endlessly trip in. These mid-height courts (pumps to my lovely American readers) are just the trick. I also like that they are all priced around the £150 mark – refreshing in the day of the £800 shoe.

By Larin is available online exclusively at My Wardrobe this season. Flats, heels, some with, some without bows. I’m partic liking the grey patent courts.

I love the shoes! And your legs – wow! – the gym really paid off! :))

@Madeleine: Thank you! Altho I have to admit I’ve always had skinny legs – it’s the rest that is the problem! LLGxx

Over the stripper shoe as well. The royal wedding parade was possibly the event most illustrative of stripper shoe overdose: very soon there will be many a well-bred young lady shaking her head in horror at what she wore on her feet to that. So many nice hats, so many disgusting shoes.

@annemarie: oh GOD – you are so right. Victoria Beckham in partic. A five inch platform with a skinny heel? Utter insanity. LLGxx

It’s inevitable that I would heartily approve of these (bows! pink! walkable heel-hight!), but I really, really do love these. I’ve been wearing shoe clips for years, so it’s so lovely to see it go mainstream again.

I’d actually never heard of By Larin until I saw your picture of the ever so cute bow flats on Instagram a couple of months back, but now can’t stop oggling them on MyWardrobe.

Briony xx

@A Girl, A Style: They are SO you! They were in Vogue last month too. LLGxx

Fabulous dress!! I loved it when I spotted Kelly Brook wearing it and hunted it down online, but her choice of shoes were no match :o)

@theitgirl: Why thank you! I haven’t seen the pic, but now I am intrigued…LLGxx

oh adorable… love magnets too, so practical!

Love the pink shoes with your navy dress, which also go so very well with your blonde hair! And, those gold bows – magpie behaviour – but they’re so lovely! x

Saw a pair of the flat version of these in Grazia the other week and loved them – this colour is gorgeous.

DESA bag….?

Love the shoes, must go check them out, I can’t hirple in high high heels anymore.

Now that I am well over 45 , I’m just chopping my whole head off in blog posts – it’s that or abject depression.

A mutlitasking shoe? Wow, I like the sound of this…. the outfit as a whole looks wonderful. I have never bought myself a pair of heels – and this A/W, i am going out to buy myself my first real pair of heels. I want glamour but I also want comfort. Would you recommend these?