Post image for An LLG Collaboration with Starbucks & Central St. Martins for FNO London

An LLG Collaboration with Starbucks & Central St. Martins for FNO London

by Sasha Wilkins on August 26, 2011 · 17 comments

If you are even vaguely fashion-orientated, then you’ll know all about Vogue’s Fashion Night Out, Anna Wintour’s clever idea to add some pizazz and foot fall to style retail post-recession. It’s spread across the Atlantic and this year takes place on the evening of Thursday 08 September. There are some amazing events going on all round the UK to celebrate, so do keep an eye out. (The Vogue guide to events is here.)

As for me, I’m really excited to announce that I’ve joined forces with Starbucks, Vogue & Central St. Martins (possibly the UK’s premier design school), to judge a fantastic FNO design competition, and I’ll be at the flagship Starbucks store on Conduit Street to announce the winner on FNO itself. It’s a great idea, and one I was really happy to get involved with as it supports the creativity of Central St Martin’s students.

The students were given the opportunity to design a limited edition box for Starbucks Petites, a range of mini cakes, cake pops and whoopie pies, with the winning design used to make a limited edition Petites box. This box will be unveiled at Vogue’s Fashion Night Out, and used at handpicked shows across London Fashion Week.

And on the day itself, there will be FREE CAKE, (A Petite Pitstop as it were), with your coffee purchases at the flagship Starbucks store on Conduit Street and, in the evening, you can all come to join in the fun with me, Vogue and a live DJ and exhibition of the runner-up design entries and recent design work from up-and-coming London designers. (More info on Starbucks FNO activity here.)

Meanwhile, I thought you may like to see the five finalists, from which I’ll be picking a winner. Which one do you think should win?

PetiteBoxGraphics-By Ben Jensen
Ben Jensen

Lara Gorlach black and white All over flower design
Lara Gorlach

Joseph Larkowski
Joseph Larkowski

Annie Stannard black red dot print
Annie Stannard

Alisha Perlina Cecilia Gill
Alisha Perlina Cecilia Gill

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

Annalisa August 26, 2011 at 19:45

What a wonderful collaboration! congratulations on this. Adding this to my list of must visit for FNO. Definitely for Joseph Larkowski, its manages to be clean and chic and the colour theme is perfect for starbucks; clever idea.
Once again congratulations on this collaboration, you must be so excited.

LLG August 29, 2011 at 19:28

@Annalisa: I am! It’s great to get an opportunity to support the CSM students. LLGxx

Susan August 26, 2011 at 19:53

I’m an illustration nerd & like them all. I’m instantly attracted to the black & white design & the 3rd one…but I’m going to flickr to see them all.

Congratulations on this collaboration!

LLG August 29, 2011 at 19:29

@Susan: Thank you! LLGxx

Victoria August 27, 2011 at 03:18

Sounds like a great collab! It’s hard to pick a favourite. As a fashion student I know how work will have went into these and so even a simple design can have hours spent on making it just right! I really like the illustration which is number 3 though. It has a lovely feel about it!X

Charlotte August 27, 2011 at 03:23

Ooooh, I love the first one, Ben Jensons. They could adapt the basic design for all sorts of events in the future – 2012, weddings etc. Good luck to all the designers.

Mary August 27, 2011 at 04:28

The Joseph Larkowski should win

blahblahbecky.co.uk August 27, 2011 at 06:31

They’re all beautiful and so different.

I really love Laura Gorlach and Joseph Larkowski’s designs.

Kate August 27, 2011 at 08:40

I think that Ben Jensen’s design is fantastic, it’s beautifully illustrated and gives us an an idea of the product in a witty way. I also really like Annie Standard’s -this would really stand out well.

LLG August 29, 2011 at 19:30

Thank you for all the comments! It’s great to know what you all think. We’ll be revealing the winner at Starbucks’ flagshop store on Thursday night – and here on LLG on Friday 09. LLGxx

Catherine August 30, 2011 at 10:51

I really like the first two, for different reasons. If I had to pick one only, it would be no. 2. Joseph Larkowski.

shirley August 30, 2011 at 12:12