I got back to London late on Sunday evening after five nights in France, and finally picked up a copy of September Elle, so I could see the AW11 Hunter ad for myself. I was quite excited. VERY excited, actually.

So, I’ve had more than a few people ask me what I am wearing in the shoot, so I thought I would just run through it all on the blog. The concept of the shoot is that it was styled by me, (The caption reads: LibertyLondonGirl by LibertyLondonGirl), so I took a bundle of winter clothes from my closet (as opposed to calling in from a PR) to the location and we eventually decided on the look you see in the final ad, which really is an accurate representation of what I wear on any given damp winter day.

The wool camel coat is my go-to one from last winter by Whistles from AW/10, and which is now one of my wardrobe mainstays. The blue ombre scarf is also Whistles from SS/10.  I’m wearing a cosy grey long sleeved V neck cashmere sweater from Uniqlo, along with tailored brown tweed shorts that I picked up in Theory in New York, along with Wolford Velvet De Lux tights and, most importantly, Hunter Boots in Pewter.

photo(1)

you look fab LLG! how very exciting

Congratulations on the ad, you look fantastic! I really like that you used clothes from your own closet as well. Kudos to you.

This is absolutely brilliant! You’ve done Hunter Boots proud by showing that they can easily be part of a very chic ensemble (the pink on the winter’s day is a lovely touch). It isn’t hard to imagine women lining up to create their own version of this outfit. It’s one of those iconic ads that I used to cut out and refer to for stylistic cues. So for those of us who would only think to pair the boots with jeans (a nice, but obvious pairing), we have this fashionable alternative.

And might I add that Hunter boots were very lucky to get your gams, LLG.

I saw that in Elle, you look stunning, you clearly missed your calling as a model. I also agree with the comment above, it is nice that you used your own clothing and styled it all.
x

I really love the style! I never think of wearing shorts ans skirts, and always forget that I can stylised with stockings! But I should try looks like that, as I really like it!

Congrats! Great style as usual. Now I need to find some of the boots with prints on this side of the pond!

I just love this look! The black Hunter Boots with the pink coat is just fantastic and your hair! It looks just perfect!!! Nice job : )