LLG Beauty: Aveda Lifestyle Spa & Salon, Covent Garden, London

by Sasha Wilkins on June 8, 2011 · 12 comments

I had a really, really good cut & blowdry at the London Aveda flagship before a shoot for a German magazine a few weeks back. (I never like the way my hair is done on shoots, so I’m a big believer in turning up all done. After all, it’s not like a fashion shoot where taking charge would be impinging on a stylist’s concept. Usually it’s for a portrait or some such thing, where I’m just supposed to look like a glossier version of me.)

I absolutely love what stylist Olivier did. Before I went in, I was a-whinging about the state of my hair, not having set foot in a salon for over three months. That may not seem like long, but I torture my hair on a regular basis with curling tongs, so it has to be cut regularly otherwise it splits and frizzes at the ends, making it nigh on impossible to style. I was also in danger of stripper hair – when it gets too long for your age.

Anyway he gave me a precision cut, followed by what I think is my perfect blowdry – lots of bounce and movement, and loose curls, with not a curling iron in sight. Just a round brush, a spritz of Aveda Volumising Tonic and a whoosh of Aveda phomollient styling foam at the roots.

Olivier – my hair & I love you.

I was just looking at their hair services menu, & see that they offer a Breakfast Blowdry. A 45minute service with appointments available from 8am, which includes a bowl of granola or a croissant, and a morning coffee from Le Pain Quotidien from £27.How genius is that?

Aveda Academy London, 174 High Holborn London, WC1V 7AA  www.aveda.co.uk

LLG was a guest of Aveda

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Norma Germain June 8, 2011 at 20:01

Love your hair! Olivier did a great job, but your hair is beautiful regardless. I also have long hair which is prone to frizz. Couple naturally curly hair with multiple blow-outs for fashion shoots, and it’s a recipe for disaster and damage. Thanks for your product recommendations. Can’t wait to try them!

sugarmouse June 8, 2011 at 20:39

i absolutely LOVE the colour!!! super nice.

Katherine C June 8, 2011 at 23:15

Aveda Academies are awesome. I use the one in Calgary and it is great to know that Amber, my colourist, trains all the hair stylists in Aveda salons in the city. And they are ridiculously cheap. I’d recommend them to anyone!

Catherine June 9, 2011 at 01:35

I don’t like the smell of all the Aveda products I have tried – shampoos and conditioners. They all have an incredibly strong whiff which is really off putting to me. Your hair looks beautiful. But what did it smell like?

Yasmin Selena Butt June 9, 2011 at 03:11

Your hair looks absolutely beautiful Sasha, but you raised an interesting point. When is not considered cool to have hair too long for your age? Is there a number? In my opinion surely it’s on an individual basis?!

I’m enjoying proper long hair for the very first time in my life and I’ve just turned 38! Never had the patience before to leave it alone and not tamper with it.

Nor could I imagine Jerry Hall with a nice perm with a blue rinse at any age ; ) Yasmin x

Seren June 9, 2011 at 04:55

Sasha your hair looks a-mazing!
x

Elizabeth@rosalilium June 9, 2011 at 07:06

Olivier has been my hairdresser for the last couple of years and I now refuse to go anywhere else. He completely understands my hair unlikes any other hairdresser. The blowdry is amazing!

hay June 10, 2011 at 12:25

Wow, that is really fabulous hair. I also love your color – it looks perfect!