I have been under the weather all week. Nothing I could put my finger on – just low grade ill. Achy limbs, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes. I missed a few parties, cancelled a couple of meetings, took more than a few naps.

Then yesterday, as I was crossing Regent Street after an AW11 Black Fleece press appt, I heard myself saying out loud Christ I feel f**king awful. I guess sometimes you just motor on through, forgetting to take your own health seriously. Certainly in our family nothing is ever that important compared to what lil’sis goes through on a daily basis with MS.

So I cancelled four meetings, hopped it home tout suite, took to my bed, rainchecked my breakfast for this morning and booked in at the surgery instead. By now I was convinced those pesky parasites were back again, but no, apparently I have tonsillitis. For the first time ever. I had no idea it made you sick – I thought you just got a sore throat from it.

But no. Apparently it explains the high temperature & fever & night sweats, headache, lassitude, swollen lymph nodes & general feeling like I’d been hit by a truck all over. Which has been nice.

So: no early breakfast today with lovely journalist at The Wolseley, no Boucheron appointment to look at sparkly bridal jools, no DKNY Easter Egg hunt on Bond St, no product meeting over tea with the charming Lancome PR at Dean Street Townhouse (can you tell it was the last working day before the long public holidays?!)  And no replying to the ten zillion emails screaming at me from my inbox.

Instead, now that I am officially ill, I have allowed myself to admit to being sick.  I have been asleep most of the day, in between reading Georgette Heyer novels, gargling with aspirin and a brief hop to the Post Office to mail my godchildren’s Easter treats – imperative, as otherwise I would have eaten the lot.

I’m sorry for the lacklustre posting so far this week. I really have been feeling rotten.

Now where are those emergency chocolate eggs I hid earlier?

Goodness, between the two of us, Team LLG really is a sorry bunch this week. Feel better soon sweetheart!! Sending you all the healing vibes I can muster.

Briony xx

@A Girl, A Style: We have been a bit useless! Get well soon dearie LLGxx

Get well soon Sasha, I have been at home for most of the 5 days because of my severe hayfever and tension headaches :S

Sleep plenty 😛

@Kit: oh goodness – everyone was ill last week…Hope you are feeling better now. LLGxx

Hope you are feeling better soon. I have suffered from bouts of tonsilitis for years just awful, touch wood its been a while. Rest and recuperate please. Happy Easter, kind regards Michelle x

@Michelle Gregory: gosh poor you. Have now discovered how miserable it is.,.LLGxx

Hoping you feel better soon! xx

@blahblahbecky.co.uk: Thanks Becky! LLGxx

LLG, Baxter puppy and I hope you feel better soon! I wonder if your dogs sense your illness and are hanging close.I always wonder that about animals. They just seem to know! xo

@Carrie Kane: Posetta was at my sister’s unfort, but I think you are right. Dogs in partic are so empathetic. LLGxx

Awww, you poor thing – it’s just one thing after another! I really hope you feel better soon. xx

@Khatija: oh bless you, it’s nothing too serious. LLGxx

Oh, poor thing! It’s so rotten to feel ill – make yourself lots of hot drinks and keep that puppylove close and cuddly.

Love your blog, btw…

@Kim Finley: Thank you Kim! That’s a very cheering thing to hear. LLGxx

Aw, I hope you feel better soon. For what it’s worth, just because your sister has a serious illness doesn’t mean that you being sick is somehow less important. x

@Beautiful Things:It’s a difficult lesson to learn. LLGxx

I think we get used to doing with too little sleep, pushing too hard physically in general, and so feeling awful temporarily is not unfamiliar. That’s why it takes a while for us to realize when we’ve been feeling way worse than usual, or for longer than usual. Tonsillitis is certainly much worse than our usual everyday ills, but I’m glad to hear it isn’t anything more serious. Hope you feel better soon.

@Ms. Nomadica: I think you are absolutely right: it can be hard to differentiate between fatigue & illness sometimes. And that’s a lesson that I am still learning…and thank you. LLGxx

So sorry that you’re not feeling well. Hope it passes soon and you’re up to ogling baubles in no time! However, try to enjoy the posting from bed…I’m not sure I’ve ever posted from anywhere but bed! (maybe the couch.) Best office I’ve ever had. You should see casual Fridays.

Please go easy on yourself. Whenever you’re ready to come back full speed, we’ll be here. 😉

@Ruby’s Raiser: I cannot tell a lie. I do love to work in bed too! Love the most recent pics of Roo BTW. LLGxx