I love Caudalie skincare, I really, really do. I first came across it when I worked at Conde Nast Traveller, because of the launch of their spa Les Sources de Caudalie, which opened in 1999 opposite Chateau Smith Haut Lafite at Martillac, near Bordeaux.

Then when I was at The Wall Street Journal, Caudalie opened their frankly obscenely luxurious spa at the Plaza. There I met with founders Mathilde (whose family happen to own Chateau Smith Haut Lafite) & Bertrand Thomas who charmed me with both their passion and their patents.

Of course all this back-story would be as naught if I thought the products didn’t work for me. But they do, oh they do. My poor skin was so frazzled half way through London Fashion Week that I began to think it beyond redemption, yet Caudalie got it back to better-than-normal overnight.

I think it’s easy to forget that the skin is an organ too, and four consecutive nights of fours sleep, followed by four days of basically not eating (&, no, Vitamin Water doesn’t count as nutrition), really started to show on my face. My eyes were red; my skin felt hyper-sensitive, tingly and sore.

So I foraged in my bathroom cabinet and pulled out two products I’d been sent last month: Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee 1st Wrinkle Cream 30ml £35.75 & Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee 1st Wrinkle Serum 30m £35.

I’ve long been a fan of Caudalie’s Pulpe Vitaminee Energizing Concentrate, 15ml £26, which I first wrote about here, but I’m finding that layering all three products together is producing remarkably hydrated & plump, soothed skin, with not a trace of red or blotchiness, and absolutely no blocked pores, roseacea bumps or flaky skin

The blurb for the Serum says that it is highly concentrated in anti-oxidants (that’ll be Caudalie’s patented, ultra-concentrated grape polyphenols) and promises the user more supple and incredibly luminous skin. Of course it does contain hyaluronic acid which always plumps the skin, but I’d say that it delivers on its promise to also fight first signs of ageing and fatigue, fine lines caused by dehydration and a tired-looking complexion in the morning

Often anti-aging products are way too heavy for women with only fine lines, or a little sun damage. The Caudalie 1st Wrinkle line is specifically designed for women in their thirties who are getting to grips with the concept of an anti-aging regimen, and I think you could do a lot worse than to try out Caudalie for a first foray into this arena.

SpaceNK have a pretty wide range of Caudalie products here

I also love Caudalie and agree that they make amazing products. Thank you for reviewing this range. x

they make the BEST eye serum too- viniperfect anti-ageing serum for eyes and lips. i’ve now bought it three times in a row, and i am not one for brand loyalty, and esp. not where eye treatments are concerned!

Dear LLG: I love Caudalie too! I first discovered them in the Fall of 2000 at the spa in Bordeaux. I bought a bunch of products to bring home and was so glad when Sephora started carrying them. I love the eye cream, the beauty elixir, the premieres vendages cream and the body lotion. All the products smell so good, it is heaven. I want to go to the spa at the Plaza, but it is SO expensive. Eek. I will get there though. 🙂 PS – have you tried Todd English’s Food Hall at the Plaza? It’s really good!

I’ve been a Caudalie fan for years and had a facial at their spa at the New York Plaza last week after being contacted by the brand through Twitter. Not only was the experience downright heavenly, but my skin had never been so radiant, glowing and smooth!
I use both moisturizers mentioned in your post but I didn’t know that much about the serum. Your review makes me want to try it out!

I’ve used a Caudalie product before and liked it and was really interested in your post – I’m a beauty junkie but don’t know where to fit it in – can anyone help?

I’m using the Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus in the morning (which is fantastic) and have recently started on Retinol at night.

Could I use the Caudalie trio at night as well as the Retinol do you think?

Would be really grateful for any help.

Cx.

Классный крем, мне понравился, так пахнет виноградом… мммм….))

Apparently this says; cool cream, I like the smell of grapes…LLGxx

What order do you use them, and how?