Just to say that I will no longer be publishing anon comments on the blog. I’m lucky in that I don’t get many idiots reading LLG, but the odd moron appears from time (& I say moron as they seem unaware that their comment can be tracked to their location). If people don’t agree with me – great, that’s their prerogative, but they should at least have the balls to do it under their name or handle.

It would be nice if they could be charming too, instead of just plain offensive. What’s wrong with starting a dialogue?

(Of course, on my recent post about interns, I understand that it makes sense to be anon if you are applying for the role, and will continue to approve those comments, but not if you are just using it to mask your entitled idiocy.)

Good for you LLG. Incidentally, I don’t work in your industry but I’ve been following this with interest and all I can say is more people should heed your advice, no matter which sector they aim to work in. Your work ethic, passion and determination should serve as an inspiration to us all.

Gah, I had to set my blog to approve comments before publishing as some charming individual kept spamming up my comments section with horrible personal remarks under the good old ‘anonymous’ header. Lovely. Oh well-there’s always one I suppose!
Good for you, I’ll ditto Isabelle’s comments above. You are inspirational.
xx

Fair enough LLG. I am lucky that most of my anon comments are perfectly nice, but you do sometimes seem to cop some losers who think it is funny to leave snarky comments. No-one wants to read it.

Oh my sides! LMAO. I have been reading with interest as usual, how easily people get offended. Ridiculous, you crack me up. Take no prisoners babe! Jx

I love tracking anon’s IP address even through google maps.

It’s amazing the sort of “power” being anonymous seems to give people. It’s suddenly okay to be rude (sometimes extremely so), disrespectful, etc., just because you’re not using your own name? In certain situations, I can understand going anonymous to ask a question you’re embarrassed about or, as you mentioned, when you’ve applied for a job. But just to be rude? I mean, yes, I understand WHY people do it, but I don’t care for it. Most of the time, anonymous comments just make me sad. I also second what Isabelle said!

Jealousy truly is a destructive emotion. The best you can do (and what you are indeed doing) is to rise above it and keep a cool head. These people are morons and should be filed under ‘frequently ignored’ along with life’s other delinquents. Continue to shine regardless. Theo x