I go through phases with the stores from which I buy my everyday clothes. At the moment, it’s Zara on both sides of the Atlantic. They do a nice line in chic, looser blouses in chiffon, silk or Swiss dot, with an elasticated waist, which are great for the top heavy, but which don’t make you look like a ship in full sail.

I also like their shoes, and have found several utilitarian black dresses which form the backbone of my wardrobe. I try to avoid the too obviously ripped off the catwalk pieces, but for everyday basics, it really can’t be beaten.

Anyway, here’s the haul video I shot on Saturday of my purchases from that morning:

I love that video – it’s just like going over to a friend’s to watch her model her new haul! 🙂 And I love the timbre of your voice, Sasha. You should have been in theatre.

Bless you sweetheart. Unfortunately I have zero acting skills! LLGxx

I’m in love with that bag! Very tempted to pop into Zara on my way home this evening…

I actually really like that bag – looks like a design Mary Poppins herself would be proud of!

I used it in Paris all week and it was just as useful as a Mary Poppins bag! So roomy! LLGxx

Love to shop (anywhere, anytime!) but the most fun is sharing the haul, especially when you’ve really scored during a good sale. Great video, really enjoy the home goods. Keep ’em coming!

I don’t really shop enough to do these videos regularly, but I’m kind of enjoying doing them! Thanks lovely LLGxx

I have bought various different of those blouses, in cream and black. They are so easy to wear and rather elegant, yet so cheap. That said, the quality isn’t great – one of them fell apart after three wears, which isn’t very good even at that price.

That’s really not ideal…I have had a few pulled threads etc, but I guess you get what you pay for, or even less, in the case of Zara…LLGxx

I love that bag, just what I’ve been looking for my Mac. How did you know??? Hopefully they still have some tomorrow when I can nip into the Oxford Street branch. Great video. xx

A reader just told me they come in red too, which of course, I now want too! LLGXx

I enjoyed that very much. I really love that bag…it’s perfect. Everything looks terrific (& your make-up really pretty). The cat enjoyed this as well:) xoxo

Genius Edel at Laura Mercier did my face, so I have her to thank. Glad to hear the cat liked it too! Hope all is well, LLGxx

Lovely! I’ve missed your regular posting…

I have a question, though it’s probably very mundane: I would like to know in what capacity you identify as a fashion editor, since you no longer work for a magazine (or do you?).

Hmm I’ve spent the last ten years or so as a fashion editor, and I can’t see why choosing to use online as my (main) medium changes that. There’s certainly no rule or expectation that says a fashion editor works on a magazine. (Fashion editor can mean stylist or writer – or both, like me.) It’s what I am… altho I will say that my header isn’t really right any more. LLG is about to get a design overhaul, so I don’t see any point in changing it when the whole thing is changing shortly anyway.

LLGxx

I have that scarf! And I absolutely love it. It’s very soft and looks really different depending on what you do with the white stripes. I quite like wearing it as a shawl around my shoulders too.

Oh that’s good to hear, as I haven’t worn it yet! LLGxx

I love that bag too – it’s so practical and stylish! I was wondering, though, what is the colour you have on your nails? It’s beautiful.

Hi Anna I’m afraid that I had it done at a salon, so I don;t know. But it’s quite similar to Chanel’s Particuliere LLGxx