I’m not much of an impulse shopper. I like to mull over my purchases, working on the theory that if I go away to think about something and it’s not there when I get back, then it just wasn’t meant to be.

In the case of this black coat from Nicole Farhi’s diffusion line tho, the waiting hasn’t been because I’ve been mulling it over, it’s because I’ve been stalking it on-line, waiting for the sales to kick in. Even though I knew I wanted it, I possess rather a lot of black coats so couldn’t quite justify its purchase at full price. Then today I saw it had finally hit 50% off, with thank goodness the sell outs in every size bar mine.

So, dear reader, I bought it an hour ago.

You may be wondering why I was so certain. It’s because MyWardrobe.com very kindly lent me two coats to wear last London Fashion Week: this black one and this grey Dangerous Liaisons one, which I’m also deciding whether or not to buy right now. The black coat is incredibly lightweight, uncrushable and thrown over anything turns an outfit into something fabulous. It’s going to be perfect for all the travelling I do, perking up my scruffy daytime pieces, and looking great as an evening coat, whilst rolling up into a tiny ball.

Here’s the film I made of my London Fashion Week wardrobe with the two Farhi coats featuring right at the beginning.

Winter Plume Coat Farhi by Nicole Farhi £137.00 (Was £275.00)

Screen shot 2011-01-16 at 20.41.20 Screen shot 2011-01-16 at 20.42.06

There are lots more lovely Farhi by Nicole Farhi bargains on My-Wardrobe’s sale here

oh now that is rather lovely. And what a fabulous price! Congratulations on a rather lovely purchase.

What a great bargain, love the coat! x

How lovely. A gilr can never have too many black coats (or dresses) is what I say.

Helena xx

Obviously meant, a ‘girl’. It’s Sunday and it’s late. xx

Love it! I just popped on and bought the Weekend in Bruges coat in black — looks like a cracker (it’s summer here in Sydney, but I’m off to NYC in March so am training my sartorial lasers on winter early). I didn’t know about this site, so thanks. Then again, there’s a boatload of stuff I wouldn’t know about if it wasn’t for LLG’s amazing retail divining skills. I am an almost embarrassingly slavish LLG-recommends shopper… I’ve snapped up three Tallulah & Hope kaftans, a Whistles dress, a Famille Summerbelle print, Jasper Conran’s book, a White + Warren cashmere travel wrap and stayed at Dean Street Townhouse on a recent trip to London — and I shall stop there or it will all begin to sound a little too Single White Female. All purchased / booked from the comfort of my office chair overlooking Sydney Harbour! Thank you Sasha, and good luck with your move. I sympathise with your obsession with mid-century desks — I share your burden and its consequent financial pain! Sam x

Lovely! 🙂