Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 17.17.55
The William AUS$149

I really love these pretty canvas ballerines from new Australian shoe label Oliver & Co. An Antipodean reader kindly alerted me to them (I think she was trying to purge her guilt at having bought four pairs), as she thought they might be up my street and down my road. And she was right. They are.

Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 17.19.22

They aren’t exactly inexpensive – $149 AUS is about £95, but at least you know they won’t be ubiquitous like those other Australian exports, the Ughs. Made from printed textiles, ribbons and laces they seem very cheering. Oh & Oliver & Co do ship internationally too.

Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 17.17.30
The Matilda AUS$149

www.oliverandco.com

they remind me of the spring prada flats but at a much better price point. I was trying to justify getting two pairs of the prada flats. But I might just grab one of these and a pair of the prada flats.

Sounds sensible to me…they are so pretty. LLGxx

Hi Sasha – speaking of uggs, you might be interested to read the post I have just done on them:

They actually have a long history (first worn by aviators in WWI), but more importantly the American company that is now most associated with them has gained their position in the market by hugely unethical behaviour. Most people outside of Australia aren’t aware of this so I am trying to raise a little awareness of the issue.

Fascinating reading -thank you so much for posting the link. I’d heard a little about this before, but not put so clearly. LLGxx

I love these! Is there a place I can go to buy them in London or are they just online? I think they are reasonably priced actually…compared to other brands out there. Would love to try on a pair! It is Spring in 4 months! Gotta get crackin! x LondonZest

I think they are just online LLGxx

Oh my. I love these. So different and cute! Looking at the website is like being in a sweet shop. I want. Now! Would be nice to try them on though – they don’t take returns according to their site. Have contacted them about UK stockists.

I’m the same: my feet are a different size in every brand I try, so I can’t buy shoes online. LLGxx

Hi there and happy new year. Just wanted to say that I have been trying to get in and visit LLG for about two weeks and haven’t managed once! It seems that your website is very hard to load. So after repeated efforts I nearly gave up. Do you know of anyone else who has this problem? As a fashion starved expat in Kampala I certainly need my fix.

aghh…I didn’t know. I’ll look into this for you. LLGxx

those are very nice aren’t they- I have been deeply in love with my lace up slightly masculine shoes all winter and now I’m starting to feel ready for pretty flats again

Yes! That’s exactly why I ran this post. Great minds think alike, clearly LLGxx

The bottom red/white flat seems to have been made from an Amy Butler print. Butler is an Americn midwestern textile designer and that fabric collection from a few years back is my favorite she’s done.

Dear LLG – I just noticed the comment above re: difficulty in loading the blog. I’ve had similar problems over the last few days. I thought it was my laptop but not sure now. This post & the parka post did not show up in my feed reader until recently. Hmmm. xo

Oh good to know: I always like to know the provenance of such things. LLGxx