Chien lunatique

Whilst bombing around Paris on my Vélib bicycle the other week, I found myself on Quai Francois Mitterand heading toward the Samaritaine, one of Paris’ landmark department stores (currently closed for renovation by its owners LVMH & rumoured to be re-opening in 2011).

The Samaritaine building is interesting, but the location was more exciting for the stall overlooking the river which sells little metal plates with all manner of signage and bon mots. I have been wanting to buy the Chien Lunatique sign for Posetta Baddog’s main London residence for years now, ever since I first spotted the stall from a passing car, but have never been free enough of meetings or fashion shows to head to the Quai to buy one.

It was the work of moments to whizz across lanes and up onto the trottoir to buy one (for a wince-making, tourist-baiting EUR9,5). My sister will be thrilled.

Mulberry5

(This is PB in her Mulberry look. Don’t worry, we don’t dress her up on a regular basis.)

The dog you share with Lil’Sis looks ever so lovely, as always. Presumably, the great blue coat is by Barbour.

Cute picture, cutest dog!

Hilarious. And yes, Her Nibs looks fab in blue. The cat here is very jealous indeed.

Well, more a purple-blue…plum? Adjectives escape me lately.

Aww what a cutie…! love the colour purple… 🙂

A beautiful old home in our neighborhood has “Chat Lunatique” on its door, I’ve been admiring it for years. Now I know where he got it!

oh! I do like the cat version! LLGxx

I had no idea of Chat Lunatique. Off I go to investigate & now know what to ask French friends visiting in autumn to bring.

There is a huge range in the hardware basement of the Paris department store BHV: I picked up “chat en psychanalyse”, “chat méchant”, “chat feroce”, “chat vorace”, “chat gourmande” and “chat fort méchant et peu nourri”. There were similar ones for the chiens.

Precious!!! I’d dress my Angora bunnies if I could, but of course it is not safe as they become overheated quickly. We’re looking at a Chocolate Lab! Do you have any thoughts on Labs? 😉 I’ve never owned a dog before. I need a running companion and I was promised that he could be trained to accept my bunnies as brother and sisters. I definately plan to dress him, however! (i deeply wanted to rescue an older dog, but 4 rescue groups said ‘no’ because they cannot guarentee the temperment around the bunnies).

I think I need to make a Lapin Lunatique sign for my garden! 😉