scan0020

Even as a child I was fashion obsessed. When I was up in the attic last week I found this BluTac-ed tear from a magazine which I had on my bedroom wall. Everyone else had Bros (hideous boy band) or fluffy kittens. I had the Dolce Sicily ads from British W & this.

(Believe me, this was not normal: in the days before the internet you had to really love high fashion to seek it out. There were a handful of publications on news stand & most of them were way too expensive for  pocket money budgets.)

I will never forget the excitement of finding a pair of Junior Gaultier stripey cycling shorts in Galeries Lafayette in the soldes section in about 1991. I wore them continually.

It must be a real pleasure to know that the work you do is following the interests that you have had from childhood. My passion now is jewellery but I have only arrived at this later in life.

Wow, what a beautiful image. I love looking back at old copies of Vogue and Harpers, even from 2000! I’m a magazine hoarder – its my geeky thing.

Oh The Glamour. At boarding school we used to decorate our walls with pages ripped from Vogue tacked up with tape and blue tack. Every little bit helped.

Loving this!! 🙂

Ahem. I had posters of both Bros and fluffy kittens on my bedroom walls.

Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders used to do great take off off Bros..

That ad is gorgeous, I remember seeing a top with the same shape in his SS96 collection too.
I can also completely sympathise about the pocket money budgets and high fashion publications being next to impossible to find- I grew up in the Third World! Still managed to save for months as a kid to buy oddball fashion/teenage magazines though (my mum threw out a box of my mid-to-late 90s mags while I was at college and they were moving house some years ago, I don’t think I’ve ever cried so hard about losing another inanimate object, ever).

PS: The site is refusing to accept my blog url in the ‘website’ field. It might be just my computer, though.

I had the Versace ads on my wall. Only when I was 13 I pronounced ver-sase (rhymes with “case). Thanks for sharing 🙂

TNA: Impressed! When i was 13 I was still in the fluffy kitten/ballerina stage! LLGxx

Ah Gaultier ..I love the Gaultier Ad.!
…but “Dolce Sicily ads from British W” ? ! ?
What a pity you didnt post a snap !
Greetings from Sicily by fellow Artist Aurelio who had a Dream since childhood : being the best espression of Italian Art
& Fashion !
Ciao

Boy do I get what you are saying! I did the exact same thing as a girl, except I covered my entire bedroom walls with images from American and British Elle. That was about as high fashion as a girl from the sticks in Queensland could get back then. None of my friends understood my obsession, but now they see me blogging and indulging my passion, so now they get it! Hx