Sandra Bullock chanel oscars lipstick

As I mentioned on my Twitter feed & during my live blogging on the Oscars, I thought Sandra Bullock’s hair & make-up team knocked it out the ball park on Sunday.

With such a perfect old school Hollywood glam dress (by clever Marchesa), an updo would have been too uptight for the more relaxed 21st century.  Frederic Fekkai’s Adir Abergel got  her look pitch perfect with a simple blow dry & a little light curling with a 1 1/4″ curling iron at the ends.*

A bright pink lip turned out to be the strongest beauty story of the night, and arguably Sandra Bullock did it best. That’ll be thanks to Chanel’s Angela Levin, and a tube of Chanel Rouge Coco in Paris.

*HOW TO GET THE LOOK: Conditioned hair is very important for any sleek style. Abergel used Fekkai Glossing Shampoo & Conditioner, leaving the conditioner on for 15 minutes. He then rinsed and towel dried the hair. Then he parted the hair in a deep side parting. Adir recommends following the arch of your brow to choose where to part your hair. He then took a large Fekkai Extra Large Round Brush and blow-dried the hair completely straight, making sure the roots were flat. He then sprayed Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray on to 2” sections of hair from roots to the end and used a flat iron to get a bone straight effect. To finish the look, Abergel took a 1 1/4” inch curling iron and lightly curled the ends of the hair for a nice slight wave , tucking the fringe behind the ear. To complete the look he added the Coiff Ultra-Light Finishing Creme to create a sleek finish.
Fekkai Glossing Shampoo (£18), Fekkai Glossing Conditioner (£18), Fekkai Extra Large Round Brush (£45) Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray (£16) Fekkai Coiff Ultra-Light Finishing Creme (£16) Available in the UK here & in the US here.

she looked stunning. absolutely stunning.

Chanel make the nicest lipsticks. I really want to try the new range. She did indeed look brilliant, such shiny sleek hair as well.

She really did look very beautiful, regal almost..

I love a pink lip- looks very fresh and less vixen like than red but gives a very similar effect. Agree Sandra looked beautiful but though Maggie Gyllenhal was also working a lovely pink lip- which I’ve seen her do before. Thandie Newton also pops on the pink sometimes and looks great- though she would look good in a brown paper bag obviously.

Sandra Bullock looks amazing at 45

I swear to god, when I first saw her on the TV, I said to my husband, “look what a great lipstick can do for a plain face.” I think her features are quite hard, but this lip color made her look positively angelic. Plus, she gave the best acceptance speech. She was never on my radar before because most of the films she’s in are shit, but I’m now suddenly a fan. What a charmer.

I just loved Sandra’s look – thanks for letting us know her lipstick shade! Go check out my blog on her Oscar style

She does look incredible!

We’re very proud of Sandra here in the DC-area. She graduated from the same Northern Virginia high school as Warren Beatty & Shirley MacLaine. And she did look fabulous.

ciao

I agree she looked stunning although a lot of people seem to think she played it safe, but I disagree, classic hollywood glamour at its best.

Wow love everything about Sandra’s look! She looks fresh faced and flawless!

xox