It’s rather nice not being anonymous, because I can now direct my lovely readers, if they so wish, towards some of my journalism. This month I have a feature in British Red magazine of which I am particularly proud.

The piece looks at the literary connection between four sets of mothers & daughters, as exemplified in a particular book or novel. I wrote about the connection my mother and I share through Mary McCarthy’s The Group, and interviewed the others, who chose Aesop’s Fables, Anthony Powell’s A Dance to the Music of Time novel cycle and Delia Smith’s Complete Cookery Course.

We did a portrait shoot at my mother’s house, and gave the charming picture editor a sheaf of archive family photos. Imagine our pleasure when the issue came out on news stand this week and we saw the opener above.

So many of our favourite photographs.  Look! It’s me as an infant. Eating an ice cream and reading. Not a lot has changed then. And wasn’t my mother beautiful? Loving her Aquascutum mac – which lil’sis now wears. Anyway, to read the entire piece buy a copy of April Red!

04-03-2010 21_53_22

congrats, dear LLG. what a beautiful collection of photos. i love b&w childhood photos. wish we had Red here in Toronto. x

Those are gorgeous photos! My teen daughters and I share a love of books as well; when I hurt my ankle yesterday they distracted my by reading Anna Karenina aloud.

On a fashion topic are you familiar with the Canadian company TeenFlo (http://www.teenflo.com/english.html)? I find them quite good for work clothes with really well cut/sewn and excellent quality materials. They seem to be suited for those of us who are curvier.

I am going to go out to buy the magazine so that I can read the whole article.

A gorgeous feature! You look so much like your Mum x

Congratulations! Those of us in the States won’t be able to read readily but I remember your post. Wonderful photos.

Cheers

I will post the piece next month after the issue is off news stand LLGxx

poo! we won’t be able to read it here in the US so you’ll have to post us a copy for the Cali girls to coo over. The pix look fab.
Well done, you! xo

Have you actually read The Anthony Powell novels?!?!? I ploughed through all of them despite being bored to death. Those were the days…..(of still having an attention span)

The Group is such a phenomenal book. I read it for a book club I was briefly in a few years ago and I think it was my favourite book that the other members introduced me to. An inspiring piece of literature.

Your mum is indeed gorgeous- easy to see where you get it from :). Lovely pics, all of them.