Utterly blissed out by the discovery (via Florence Fabricant in The New York Times), that if you wander up to the bartender of The Plaza’s Oak Bar, they will sell you a yours-to-keep Thermos flask of hot chocolate spiked with orange, cinnamon & port for $19. (Ten percent of the price goes to the Central Park Conservancy.)

The Plaza is just across the road from Central Park so, suitably wrapped up, you can potter off into the snowy landscape, sipping delicious hot chocolate. Perfection. And yet another reason for me to love Manhattan. www.theplaza.com

Sounds delicious…
so are you back in NYC then?
Unfortunately they had to stop people walking in the snowy park last week, because someone was killed by a snow-laden tree branch. Scary stuff.

@nappyvalleygirl Nope, still in London, but not for long, I hope!

Wow, really? I’ll definitely have to give that a try when snow-laden tree branches go back to not falling on peoples’ heads.

Cool!! nice blog!!

Those are gorgeous – so much nicer than the ubiquitous starbucks venti.

I could totally do with some hot chocolate right now and these flasks sound like a dream!

x x x

Love these thermoses! Unfortunately, the last time I went to the Oak Bar, I waited 15 minutes without getting waited on. I got up and left, vowing never to return.
But those adorable thermoses might lure me back…

Sounds divine! Now, if only I could actually afford the trip to NYC….sigh.

🙂

that is a totally brilliant idea isn’t it- I need a New York holiday!

I haven’t been to The Plaza since the Big Eighties, nor have I been subjected to snow, Central Park, or gang graffiti (have traded up (?) for alligators and snakes). Your post brings back fond memories of glamorous but overpriced cocktails, DVF wrap dresses, and walk-up apartments in Chelsea.

Am probably going to have to make my own version of this hot chocolate and go buy a Thermos at WalMart. C’est tres chic ici, cherie!