Most importantly, I HAVE to get my hair cut. (I’m heading for the dreaded stripper hair – way too long.) And possibly coloured too. I’m a natural blonde and usually I rely on the summer sun to perk up my hair. This year I spent way more time in the sun than normal – a few months in California, and then on my return to New York, I promptly left the city for the countryside. That meant I wore a huge sunhat to ward off the evil wrinkle forming rays every day. The annoying side effect of that is rather dull looking hair.

Thing is I haven’t had my hair cut in London in three years, and I have no idea where to go. I’ve also got an inbox full of LLG reader emails all wanting to know where they should get their hair done in London. Anyone got any bright ideas? And, dear readers, if you can hang on, I’ll report back once I’ve taken the plunge.

Eat so much Vietnamese that I end up with a food baby. Hackney here I come. Song Que, Viet Hoa, Huong Viet: I intend to eat in all three as much as possible.

Find the squishiest sofa in Shoreditch House, hunker down and make it my London office. (And mumble occasionally about how great it is that they have a gym there, with absolutely no intention whatsoever of crossing the threshold.)

Go for a very long walk on Hampstead Heath with lil’sis & Posetta Baddog, followed by lunch outside at The Italian at Parliament Hill Fields, with PB tied to our table as she growls at all comers.

Go dancing. I’m thinking the Guilty Pleasures Black & White Ball at Koko for choice. In a black lace mid calf ballgown, black elbow gloves, proper pointy toe stilettos, masses of necklaces & birds nest hair. (Think 80s, think Madonna c. Like A Virgin)

Get my eyebrows threaded at Blink before they take over my face.

You should definitely see Graham the Hair God: he is a genius, and unusually for a hairdresser, he respects long hair. He knows you want it as long as possible without it being uncool/aging/stripper hair (love that expression).
Mail me, I will give you his details. X

There is a very good hairdresser at Andrew Jose on the corner of Charlotte Street, called Mark, he's great with fine hair, only there wednesday through to saturday.
A superb colourist is Guy Parsons who owns Gorgeous hair salon in Kensal Rise, he has done famous blondes Mariella F and Annie Lennox.
Hope you have a lovely visit.
WEM xx

I can highly recommend
The Hairdressers, 70 Amwell Street, EC1. Tel: 020 7713 0515. It's small, relaxed and friendly – run by two friends Guy and Claire – and is featured in the Independent London/ Store Guide. (www.independentlondon.com)

I'm due for a haircut and will be blogging about it soon, so watch this space….

AND…..you will be going to the *PARTAY* don't forget! You are coming?

Well I use a hairdresser that a friend found in a salon years ago and he now come to her house and does 3 or 4 of us at the same time. So not v helpful.

Although he's just moved out of London so I'm tempted to let the Turkish hairdresser at the salon where I have my eyebrows threaded (£4 thank you very much) have a go. He's been dying to be let loose on my hair for years. If I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

I can very strongly recommend the Trevor Sorbie salon on Floral Street in Covent Garden.

Firstly, I have never had a bad haircut there and have been going for four years. In retrospect I don't think I'd ever had a good haircut before going here! All of the hairdressers are excellent – all have instantly identified my problem "lots and lots of very fine hair", which no other hairdresser has ever figured out (seriously…).

I have seen six different stylists and have been happy with them all. My mum had the first haircut my dad has liked in 20 years when she started getting it done there and now refuses to go anywhere else. My sister was shown for the first time in her 30 years how to deal with her huge cow-lick, and conquered a lifelong dislike of getting her hair cut.

My mum and sister visit the salon from East Anglia, and I live in London but cannot afford to go more than three times a year; therefore "grow-out" is of high importance and even three months since my last visit, my hair style doesn't look ragged or in need of professional attention. In fact this morning it looked so good I doubted whether I need to squeeze a cut in before Christmas (probably I'll go for a free fringe trim)!

Secondly the experience they offer is very relaxed and pleasant. Appointments are not like Tony&Guy 40 minute slots, but a leisurely hour and a half. You will be offered an excellent choice of drinks – including simple cocktails, as well as wine and the usual teas and coffees. When your hair is washed you will be offered a head massage.

Finally the prices are really excellent for the level of service, starting at £50. At the moment I see either Wai or Petros (both "stylist" level). My mum sees Ryan, and my sister sees Kate (they are more senior, but I am not sure which level).

Mmmmm Song Que.I had a fantastic meal in there after the flower market a few Sundays ago. Don't know about hair but @mdlondon will. Enjoy your visit!

May I interject on the Vietnamese restaurant point? I spent years going to those places to find that the best restaurant was right under my nose on Old St (and not up the Kingsland Road).

It's seriously OFF THE CHAIN.

Also, if you're going to be in North London, there's a little salon called Mink in Tufnell Park. The owner (Sarah) has always REALLY sorted out my colour. For cut, depending on what you want (it's a more directional sort of salon, as opposed to classic), Andy at Viva on Lexington St in Soho is a hair mastermind. He is the king of fringes, but I don't think you have one. (squinting at your picture). If you're on Facebook look up the group Viva My Hair. (Or I've blogged about it, too.) Reasonably priced, too. Oh and he cut Elaine from Seinfeld's hair, which I found very exciting.

Enjoy the Heath. So lovely at this time of year. I did a tour around Highgate Cemetery at the weekend, which was truly spooky and lovely.

I’m living in Sloane Square and have tried Richard Ward (http://www.richardward.co.uk/) and Errol Douglas (http://www.erroldouglas.com/) Loved them both – high-end, yet friendly.
In an attempt to save some £££, I then tried a tiny little shop in Pimlico called Art of Hair. Emma, at Art of Hair, is FAB! I have baby fine, blonde, stick straight, long hair – and she works magic with cut, conditioning treatments and high/low lights when needed! A true magician, not just a Beautician! Here is a link to contact info: http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1177/58164.php
xx-Lesley