Whilst in my daydreams I wear scarlet lipstick in the manner of a film star of the 50s, in reality the unholy combination of rosacea and my blonde colouring means that I can wear only neutral lip shades.

In summer, when my morgue-like pallor fleetingly morphs into a bronzed tone through the wonders of the spray tan booth, I occasionally break out Revlon’s shocking pink Love That Pink but my 365 lipstick is Bobbi Brown’s Lip Color in Nude, which I’ve been wearing since maybe 2000.

Bobbi Brown Nude Lip Color

For me the best thing about it is that it doesn’t look too obvious: a swipe of it completes my look but doesn’t scream, plus the creamy, semi-matte formulation stays nicely put. It also seems to suit most skin tones from my skimmed milk hue at the bottom of the scale through to that of my African-American friends.

UK £15 here & US $22 here

See now, this colour makes me look enbalmed. I have to have the blue-reds. Otherwise I am quite invisible.

It's very pretty. I like that they keep making it, instead of discontinuing it and forcing you to find another favorite.

Like it going to try it thanks

I must be the only thin lipped brunette that doesn't suit nude lipstick. Beauty eds always declare that thinned lipped chicks like me should stick to glossy nudes and I suit neither glossy nor nude! Always jealous of the pouty lipped like yourself

Love mauve and naked pink by Bobby Brown but I will try Nude as well. Thanks for the tip!

one of my faves too, but since i dont have fair skin and light hair like you, it doesnt show on my skin unless i use a liner as a lipstick underneath.

I wear a variation on this called Bare. Bobbi Brown is my perennial favorite . . .

Btween you and India Knight I shall be bankrupt by Christmas.

I so need this lipstick. Just my shade. Sigh.