When lil’sis & I were small, our father travelled frequently to America on business. He always asked us what we would like for a present. I remember very clearly the year that she and I requested presents that would stump any normal father.

Lil’sis asked for a flying elephant and I wanted a pink suitcase. I think we may have been four & five years old.

What he came back with was a blue plush Dumbo elephant on elastics that could be hung from the ceiling and a pink plastic ballet box, for carrying around my leotard, illustrated with dancers, and with a special compartment for my ballet shoes in the bottom. Genius.

When I went home in August, we went through some bags of stuff from one of the attics and in one of them was Dumbo. Too knackered to be given away, when Posetta Baddog expressed an interest we gave it to her.

Investigation:

P1070268

Engagement:

P1070266

In for the kill:

P1070270

Vanquished:

P1070267

these pics are like…which cute team are you on!!!!!

Ha! It's nearly as big as her!

LLG, what a great post. This is exactly what I needed today. xx

p.s.: my captcha word is "throdgen." Isn't there some story we could weave around that word? Like, "Posetta Baddog will throdgen that Dumbo if you let her near it!"

haha what a sweet story! Reminds me of the peculiar odds and ends Mum used to bring me when she traveled as a fashion buyer…things I was much too young to appreciate then!

Glad to see someone (posetta) is still getting some joy out of old childhood wishes!

Dear LLG,
Please stop posting such adorable pictures of doggy wogs. It is becoming far too difficult to concentrate on my work.
Regards,
Miss Media

A huge smile is illuminating my face right now. Adorable little monkey knows how to show his gratitude.