P1070001

“So often, we — dogs and humans — just need to be near each other. We need the presence of another heartbeat, the inhale and exhale of another soul. Dogs understand the healing power of having your skull kneaded, and constantly raise their heads toward our hands, the way plants turn toward the sun.”

From My Life as a Dog by Dana Jennings. The New York Times, September 15, 2009.

Picture: Posetta Baddog, Northamptonshire, August 2009

cute!

I completely comprehend the sentiment.

3 years ago I moved first to California and then to London where I currently reside and miss my dogs terribly. My parents take care of them now but there's rarely a day that goes by that I don't wish I could give them a tummy rub. Last year my eldest puppy (they're always puppies to me), Maxamillian Doggywog, had to be put down. He was very old and was having trouble breathing but I cannot put into words how upset I was, especially to not be able to say goodbye.
Dogs give us a special kind of companionship, a warm glowing feeling of being loved unconditionally. These days I've been getting my kicks by watching other people with their dogs. I think it might be getting to the point of harassment – nowadays I’m literally accosting people in the street in order to pat their doggies. Perhaps I need to see someone about that…

Miss Media

Adorable. Couldn't agree more – and it's very hard to take anything seriously when you have a dog in the house.

So true. I can't believe how much I love my new dog Tess. A friend said to me that dogs 'open your heart' and he was right, they do.

What a wonderful quote. ACHE. I miss my dog so much. It seems unnatural not to have an animal (I actually like) around.

And look at the grin on PBD – so dear.

that's soo lovely!

Thanks so much for posting this…xx

Oh, nothing is more true. My dogs can read me from 50 yards, and always respond with exactly what I need–compassion, goofiness, love, psyche. They're just amazing little creatures.

I used to be a cat person until a very special dog (my Westie, named Blanca) came into my life, then I loved dogs so much I got two more. I recommend two dogs, but three is quite a handful. They have taught me so much about unconditional love, I am so proud to now call myself a dog person.
p.s. – I love them so much that I have a beginners blog with pictures of my Frenchie Moose (http://afrenchieforyourthoughts.blogspot.com/) ENJOY 🙂

Dogs just know.