The weather is still unable to make up its mind here. Today we are in a kind of seasonal limbo. It is neither hot nor cold. It is not sunny, but neither is it raining .

So far, so good. Except. What the hell does one wear? Jeans seem too heavy, shorts too, well, short. Tights too sweaty, bare legs a bit goose bump inducing. Add to this that I only have my summer wardrobe out here in Stepford. All my winter clothes languish in storage in Manhattan and, I suspect, will require loving attention after the flood earlier this year.

Meanwhile, I have only open toe summer shoes here. Fortunately most of them have a platform so I can avoid dunking my toes in puddles:

Basset Hound puppy with shoes

Yup, all my shoes, winter and summer, have straps or are Mary Janes: this is because I have extremely narrow feet and heels, which means that I can’t keep normal shoes on when I walk. I would persevere with non strappy shoes, but I am remedially clumsy and it’s just not worth the bother of trying to stay upright.

Finchley, so far, seems only obsessed with chewing flip flops and sneakers and attacking the handbags that swing temptingly from the bedpost above his questing nose. He has steadfastly ignored GG’s Berlutis and my heel collection. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

ps I’m pretty sure the boys wld like me to point out that a Pepto-Bismol pink plush carpet in the spare bedroom was not their choice: it came with the house and will be replaced as soon as there is no danger of Finchley weeing on it.

Fingers crossed Finchley doesn't take to chewing the good shoes. Before Edwyn came home as a puppy I installed ceiling height shoe racks in the hall, but needn't have bothered, the only thing he had a little nibble at was the 50's G-plan table legs….

Biological washing liquid (Persil small and mighty was fab) is the best thing for little puppy accidents, it breaks down the enzymes, so they won't go back and pee in the same place…

I also have impossibly narrow size 8 feet, so also can only wear heels if a t-bar is involved. I hate that the bigger the size shoe the wider it gets, so you end up with a couple of boats on the end of your feet.

Argh, The weather was like this today where i live in England.
It was warm-ish, but the rain was spitting lightly and the sky was grayyy. Blahh.
Hope the weather improves for you!
🙂

Love your shoe collection!

xoxox,
CC

Same question in Paris! We do not know what to do in the closet this morning: grey sky, but hot weather. Enjoy Fashion Week New York!

Hah – you've pretty much described the entire summer over here (England). Changeable, changeable, changeable. And windy. Bah. Impossible to dress for.

Serious shoe envy here. And also the weather is the same in the UK, cold when windy but hot in the sunshine. Terribly confusing. Hope Finchley continues to stay away from the shoes!

I've been having difficulties with what to wear during this weather too. Put on blazer, too hot. Skip blazer, too chilly. Can't wait for real autumn!

Your doggy is the cutest thing 🙂

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. I have fallen in love with volunteering lately. It just really leaves you with a warm feeling inside, doesn't it? 🙂

The pictures of Finchley are killing me! He is so adorable. I have to keep telling myself: "You have cats and teen girls. You do not need nor have time for a puppy. "

We have finally had good weather here in Toronto after a miserable summer. It has been sunny and 23-25C for the past 10 days. Lovely.

I've been wearing a lot of dresses, especially if they are light weight with short to 3/4 sleeves with a cardy for the cooler mornings/evenings. Right now I'm going with peep-toe heels and bare legs then as autumn progresses it will be bare legs plus boots and eventually the dreaded tights.

I have the same ummm chest concerns for clothing that you have so I wear a lot of scoop or v-necks; once it is a bit cooler I go with a scarf to cover the bare skin.

aww cute pic!

Finchley and my angora bunny, Madelaine, could be friends and chew things together. I'm so hoping she will soon outgrow this. He is just the cutest thing!