I’ve been mulling over whether or not I should Ebay this jacket for a while. It’s vintage and I would guess from the pretty silk satin lining and beautiful finishing that it dates from the 1950s. I’m not sure what the fur is: it’s very soft but incredibly thick & heavy, so I think it may be shearling.

I love the glamour of the fur behind my head when I raise the collar, but I fear it’s too boxy a shape on me, unless I drop two sizes and that’s a pipe dream. As I’ve only worn it twice in a year, & space is at a premium here, I think it should probably go.

Sell it! It is a gorgeous jacket. If you have only worn it twice in a year and you feel it is too small then there is no point keeping it ‘just incase’. Be strict on yourself. If you stick it up now you will get a much beter price, because of the cold weather, than if you wait a few months and realsie it still doesn’t fit you.

I think it’s an absolutely beautiful jacket, but then so do you and that’s not really the issue is it? I think if there’s something which doesn’t make you feel GREAT when you wear it, and could fetch quite a bit of money then selling is probably the best option. But when you do, please post the link ­čśë

Always a hard one this – space versus might be worth hanging onto. I’d try it on with a few outfits and then decide, on whether you’ll really wear it or not.

I would like to have a fur coat or even vest (but faux, since I’m not into real furs or leather) but I happen to always feel like they make me look similar to a mini Chewbacca… so I give up everytime… that’s a pretty coat but if it doesn’t please you fully and doesn’t fit you perfectly, I think it should go.

If you *think* it’s boxy, then that seems like a sign to let it go . . .

i love to get rid of things. it feels almost (almost) as good as getting things. if you aren’t wearing it, out it goes.

sell it– i will buy it!

stay stay stay!!
xx-LJ from SOS!

i’ve had an almost identical jacket…and it is shearling, “mouton”, and is soft and warm…but looked terrible on me. i’ve tried modifying it–turning it inside out for an avant-garde look, now it’s cut into a bolero shape..but really, i should have just gotten rid of it. that is what i’d recommend. only problem is that there are TONS of these on ebay, it was a common shape/color in the 40s-50s.

Do you still have it!

It looks like the perfect jacket.. I'll buy it off you!