This is the shoe of the summer. £20 at Topshop. Slightly unfortunate that it’s going to look very wrong on a lot of women. Do not even think about it unless your legs are up to it.( No point in diminshing the allure of your assets.) There is nothing more unflattering than an ankle strap chopping up your silhouette, giving you tree trunk calves. (I include those fug ugly mid calf boots in the dodgy silhouette group too: I have one word. Trotters.)

Yikes…sounds like a must-avoid..though for some reason, I’m ok with socks at that height.

The most disturbing thing about sandal wearing in the UK is the state of people’s FEET. Ick. In fact would it be fair to say that we don’t really know how to do summer dressing very well over here…?

Love the sandals.
And agreed, the mid-calf boot only works with a skinny calf/long leg!

I is confused! I bought some gladiators in London a couple of summers ago – I can’t believe they are still fashionable. What is going on?

I must admit, I think they look fabulous on me – I have very long skinny calves which can handle being broken up visually (just forgetting about my footballer’s thighs for a moment…)

The ones I bought are now defunct. Do you think it’s safe to buy another pair, or will they be over next week?

I think you’re safe. Not least cos we have another two months ’till summer on this side of the world. I say buy! ( They’re very Georgette Heyer BTW – this style was v big in the Regency!) LLG xx

Hey LLG – congratulations on your award! Agreed – these sandals are for me but I’m waaay too stumpy to get away with them. Shame! xx

p.s. When I lived in Sydney I had no idea what British magazine writers were talking about when they mentioned dirty feet in sandals. Since moving to London I now fully understand the concept. It’s not good.

Loved the glads last season…ended up buying them flat (twice) and with chunky heel. I will absolutely be pulling them out again…although secretly looking for even more extreme version inspired by Balenciaga? Although that might be wishful thinking…

For a “Urban modern GODDESS” Allure, The haughty Sublimation of a precious, pretty, conqueror Femininity (subtle contrast ). . . YES, I’m not concerned . . . But That could be a real and sulfurous aesthetic pleasure !!!

Cordially, Antoine

I need those so bad, but I’ll never be able to pull them of.. :/
And I too have been wondering when these go out of fashion, they just keep popping up every summer!