La la la – I’m going home on Tuesday. Much as I like being in London to see all my friends and family, eat proper Indian food, annoy my sister & play with the dog, I do feel that Manhattan is where I need to be right now. I’ve been away since 16 December and I’ve been so sick (two eye ulcers. Two!) & broke that it’s been hard to enjoy myself over here. Not least, 75% of my wardrobe and possessions are in New York.

There was a slight excitement yesterday when I was asked if I was interested in presenting & producing a series of daily reports from London Fashion Week for a global TV station which I’ve worked for before. I postponed booking my flight, organised somewhere to stay, & started to negotiate my fee with the station. Then the stupid cow of a producer changed her mind and cancelled me this afternoon. And now my plane ticket has gone up by £60. I could kill her.

Still, at least I get to go home in FIVE DAYS. I am rather excited.

Woot… I’m coming over too…. (that’s not me stalking you by the by….). Leaving in about half an hour….

Hooray! And we can’t wait to have you back. You’ve stayed away far too long and we Yanks feel that you belong to us. Even if our Indian food is crap.

Bummer about that broadcasting thing. That would have been fantastic, but you’re LLG, and all good things will come your way.

Have fun back in NY!

I know how it feels…it’s like going back to college after a long spell with the parental units (ok, not quite- but I think I feel every bit as happy).
It’s good to know you’ll be back in NY, too 🙂

It’s lovely to travel (especially back ‘home’) but I’m glad you’re looking forward to returning to Manhattan!

Welcome back! And I hope your health improves…you don’t want to get sick in the U.S. : )

Proper Indian food? In London? Please, please tell me where I find this elusive meal..

Awww, see, I started working my way through Brick Lane, but after one too many sugary Paneer dishes and other weird, watery coconut based dishes, I gave up. I’ll have to look up this Urban Turban, based purely on the name!

I giggled at your “Shoreditch House” post. I ended up there last summer, to meet a director I had worked with, who was being wined and dined by an ad agency. When he said “I’m at Shoreditch House” I just assumed he was confused and meant “Old Shoreditch Station” which was a block from my house and I frequent regularly. I soon realized I was the one in the wrong and definitely had a “what the hell am I doing here” moment when I walked in.

Did you happen to stumble upon the bowling alley?

Don’t TV and radio peeps always do this? My old assistant was super-excited to be asked to do a radio interview a few weeks ago, ummed and ahhed as she’d never done one before, then after agreeing had just psyched herself up when they dropped her in favour of a fashion editor from Glamour. How. Rude!

Thank you for all the recommendations! Will be back in London next week, will report back.
xx