I spent last week shooting in Norfolk, on Holkham and Wells-next-the-Sea beaches. There’s no vehicular access to either beach, so we drove our rather large location van down a private lane on the Holkham estate to a point half a mile behind the sand dunes. Then my assistant & I set up our outdoor working area. This would have worked brilliantly, except every passer-by thought we were a jumble sale.

Why their tiny little brains would have thought we were doing this down a wooded country lane is beyond me…When we came back from the first shot our fabulous driver had made the following sign:

It was so cold & windy on the dunes that the crew kept nicking all our samples to keep warm:

This is a small proportion of the returns piled up in my assistant’s living room the evening we returned from shooting.

Oh yes, the glamour! Feeling like a homeless refugee lugging laundry bags around in black cabs, that’s photo shoots to me.

Imagine stumbling on a high fashion yard sale in the middle of nowhere!

Hilarious! The one in the green parka jacket thingy still looks gorgeous though. I’ve shot in a Digibus…hmm not much room in the back is there? Much prefer Translux, always v exciting when they expand the bus to twice the width!

But the thing is… they are (nearly) all inbred in Norfolk you know?
x

that sounds like lots of fun!

ah yes: NFN or ‘normal for Norfolk’… I’m allowed to be rude: half my family live there!

And no, no room in the back of a digibus whatsoever, hence our al fresco set up…